Thread: WTB: 1974 Carrera 2.7 (US Spec)

Smile WTB: 1974 Carrera 2.7 (US Spec)

Hi all,

I'm in the market for '74 ducktail Carrera. I'm looking for a car as close to bone-stock as possible. I'd prefer original to restored, though would consider either on a case-by-case basis. The more documentation, the better! And finally, really only interested in a "no stories" car - no wrecks, no drama, etc. I'm a cash buyer. I've been watching the market for these cars for the last 18 months and have a pretty good idea where it's at, I think, and I am willing to pay a fair price for "the right car".

I'd love a cool period color: yellow, green, orange, blue, etc. Pretty much the only color I'm NOT interested in is Guards Red.

Any and all leads appreciated, thanks very much for your time!

Cheers,

Reid
    Last edited by Reid; 09-27-2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: fix incorrect color reference

Well you don't have to worry about Bahia Red in 1974 it was no longer available.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

1988 3.2 Carrera
    @joost_hermes

S Registry # 2292

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Well you don't have to worry about Bahia Red in 1974 it was no longer available.
    You're absolutely correct, it's guards red I was thinking of. My recently sold '71 914-6 is bahia red, and they do look fairly close. But thank you for pointing that out (original post corrected).

Quote Originally Posted by Joost Hermes View Post
    Thanks, I did see that. Cool car, but a '75 and ultimately I'm after a '74. Thanks for posting the link though!

The 2-Shores one looks nice and original, if a little expensive, what's so special about a 74 compared with 75?
    The US model is really just an S with arches as opposed to the ROW with 83 MFI motor

Post this to the carrera registry, the delegate to the PCA will send the request to all the 74 / 75 registry

Quote Originally Posted by maspirito View Post
    Post this to the carrera registry, the delegate to the PCA will send the request to all the 74 / 75 registry
    Apologies, I didn't see your post until just now...I will give this a try. Thanks!

And while I'm here.... *bump*

The 74 Carrera is quite different to a 75 Carrera. Not at all an S with arches....

A good read: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...SA-Info-Thread
    Last edited by saz; 10-03-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    Scott

Early S Reg. #1694/R-Gruppe #638

74 Carrera

Quote Originally Posted by saz View Post
    The 74 Carrera is quite different to a 75 Carrera. Not at all a S with arches....
    Agreed! Thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out.