Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @Park Place --- '73 'S' Coupe

FS: @Park Place --- '73 'S' Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by srogebry View Post
    VIN = 9113301387
    Eng# 6339134
    Trans# ?

. . . Documented Bare Metal Restoration, RS-Spec 2.7L Engine, Black with Houndstooth Interior. Owners manual, factory tools, Porsche Certificate of Authenticity. More information forthcoming, see 175 photos on our Flickr page . . .

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 10-01-2013 at 02:12 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

VIN = 9113301387
    Eng# = 6339134
    Trans# = ?

Now playing . . .

. . . 1973 911S Sunroof Coupe . . .

. . . This 1973 911S (9113301387) is nearly 95% concours, and an excellent quality presentation good enough to be shown without reservation or excuses. The west coast car is 100% rust free with no accident history . . .

Power Plant: The ‘73S is powered by a very strong 2.7 Carrera RS spec motor professionally built on ’74 U.S. Carrera case (911/93), fueled by a ’73 RS MFI. This motor has been balanced/blueprinted and is bullet proof with a turbo oil pump, Carrera chain tensioners, advanced oiling and more. All engine metal was re-anodized and the motor presents as new . . .

Transaxle: It features Quaife torque sensing Limited Slip Differential, with a solid shifting 915 gearbox . . .

Factory options: Full tinted glass, full leather interior, power roof, power windows, through the grill fogs, engine light, and AC (not installed). Also included: The original tool kit, jack, owner’s manual, and service book in their original red vinyl jacket . . .

Exterior: The ‘73S has undergone a windows-out bare-metal re-spray in the original Gran Prix white and is flawless. All exterior rubber and seals were replaced during paint. The floor pan was not touched and is completely straight. New H4s and Euro lenses front and rear compliment the exterior . . .

Interior: The newly reupholstered black leather seats with black and white hounds-tooth inserts beautifully compliment the Gran Prix white exterior. This combination must be seen. To enhance the forward view, a German sourced dash was fitted while the original instruments were re-faced to like-new condition. Looking out, a new SIGLA German windshield was installed. To complete the package, the steering wheel was recovered and double-wrapped. In the rear view, a new rear parcel shelf was fitted while the original seat pockets were reworked for proper fitment . . .

Performance: This ‘73S will blow the doors off all stock ‘72 and ’73 Ss. It possesses outstanding torque through the entire rev-range and has a conservatively estimated 215 hp (compared to the stock 190). The S has oversized torsion bars with LSD that aggressively puts the power down. The S sits at Euro-height, is corner balanced, and challenges the corners like it is on rails . . .

Misc. Mileage: 114,500. The matching numbers 2.4 S block (6339134), front over-riders, AC, standard torsion bars, and sugar-scoops included with the sale. Original sportomatic is not available, but know of one presently available from another seller. Two extremely nice “7X15” Fuchs available at extra cost for a more aggressive staggered stance . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...orcev4exp=true

(Not mine)

We Can Be Heroes

08-Sep . . .

Bidding ended = $95k = 'reserve not met'

We Can Be Heroes

Park Place has a $10K deposit on it from a buyer in the Philippines. Negotiated final sale price to be revealed, but north of $140k. Just goes to show a car is indeed worth what someone is willing to pay
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Congratulations on the sale. Your buyer must be very well heeled. Importing goods to the phillipines is expensive. Duties are ~12% of the cost of the item and there is VAT as well.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    Just goes to show a car is indeed worth what someone is willing to pay
    indicates that a deep pockets buyer prefers consignment with a dealer vs. Ebay.. marketing helps.. congrats..
    -Jim

'72 911T
    '02 B5 S4 (RS4 Clone)
    '12 997.2 Turbo Manual
    '19 B9 RS5 (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by popowitz View Post
    Congratulations on the sale. Your buyer must be very well heeled. Importing goods to the phillipines is expensive. Duties are ~12% of the cost of the item and there is VAT as well.
    It depends on who you know...

Thumbs up

Congrats Rick!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Thanks guys. The selling process has been a learning experience.

First, many board members told me to not sell the car for too little and stick to my price. This was sage advice. Second I was also advised that when eBay is used and the car doesn't meet reserve, about a week later is when the real action starts. That was true as well. I had about 8 ardent suitors who where willing to go to $125 but I knew the car was worth a bit more than that. One gentleman actually went the distance and as you know, I received the money and made preparations to ship when his wife threatened to divorce him and returned the funds - a sad day. About a month later - much too soon in hindsight, I posted the car again on eBay. The interest was luke warm at best, but then I also started the bidding at $90K rather than the original $50K. The end result was about the same with not meeting reserve set at $130K. I had 3 people interested and they were interested in going to $125 and no more. My options were hang onto the car for a year and try again and hope the market doesn't cool or go through consignment. Luckily about 20 miles away is Park Place Motors Ltd. They are a first class operation whom treated me like royalty. What a shock that was. The car was inspected for road worthiness, detailed, and immediately placed on the show room floor to avoid any chance of it getting wet. They couldn't do enough and arranged for their folks to come out to my place to pick up the long block and all the AC parts. The beauty of an operation like this is that they know how to market. They have an extensive e-mail list with thousands, use internet and print media. They told me right off to not be surprised if the car goes abroad and they were right. So........... the moral is, when you can't sell it on eBay for what you feel it deserves, try other avenues. My eBay experience showed me to not immediately repost it due to either burn-out or suspicion that there is something amiss. If you are within reach of a reputable consignment operation, use it.

So what did a very nice S with unknown mileage, 4th owner, a super strong RS spec motor, with original long block on a pallet, missing it's original sporto sell for? My take is mid 130s and Park Place got a well deserved mid 140s. Is it what I wanted? I really wanted $150 but the car had distinct limitations which worked against the goal. I don't pretend to have the answers on how to do this, but hope my allegory might add to the knowledge base.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

You're a stand up seller...