Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Money and good taste

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Have I? Uh oh. Tom may have started rubbing off on me...I'll go stand on my head and turn my frown upside down.

Wesley Snipes said it best in White Men Can't Jump when he said, "The sun even shines on a dog's ass somedays."

The RS and the Miura are truly super, but those moments are so few and far between that I've become sour on the event. There was a time when you used to have to ask if the Cobra was real, or how someone fabricated a part, or even how long it took to find and restore an old car. Now it's mostly bolt on parts, sticker kits and wraps, "stance" idiots, and showroom hardware with too much grease on the tires and the owner's forehead.

A needle in a haystack does not a pincushion make.
    Marco I am so pleased to see marriage has really helped calm you down and see things in a more mellow perspective.

Palos Verdes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Now THAT I can get behind ... just wish I could get down there one morning. What're the details, again?

And, yes, I've got a backlog of fun quotes and cliches.
    First Saturday of the month. Strip-mall marking lot at the intersection of Hawthorne & Silver Spur.

50 or so cars...a dozen Porsches....usually a Gullwing or two.....an Amphicar or two....Some muscle cars.....and a mattering of ther stuff.
    There is a Pagani Zonda in PV someplace....I keep hoping it shows up sometime.
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1975 911S 3.2 "the blue goose"
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Similar Threads

1. Money and good taste
    By davewadd in forum General Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 02:07 PM
  2. Is it in poor taste.....?
    By ghost1001 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 08:59 PM