Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A gal named Elsie and her little Tornado...

That is very strange.... Why is the first post gone??? Could a mod or Admin please help restore the post??
    Jake
    Early 911S Registry Member #2799
    1973 911S - "Tangerine Tornado" - Two Time SCCA Solo II National Champion (1976 and 1981)
    1967 Corvette Roadster (Black/Black/Black) 4-speed

There is no page 3 either. Loops back to page 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I'm looking at page 3 right now. Your post is on it. I have seen that looping problem before, however. The first post is still missing- but I did see it before.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

All should be fine with the thread now............ not sure what's go'n on

Please let me know if there's any more trouble.......

Cheers,
    cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thank you very much, sir.
    Jake
    Early 911S Registry Member #2799
    1973 911S - "Tangerine Tornado" - Two Time SCCA Solo II National Champion (1976 and 1981)
    1967 Corvette Roadster (Black/Black/Black) 4-speed

Thanks for sharing such a heartfelt introduction!

My S has a similar sentimental value to me, as the original owner was a long time friend of mine. I am enjoying the car as my own, but I am its caretaker first and foremost.

Sounds like you are in the same boat -- benefiting from good fortune, the evidence of what you meant to someone else. These are uncommon circumstances in modern times and today's rabid collector car market. This car says as much about you as it does Elsie.

Please share more info, and perhaps do a writeup for ESSES, the registry quarterly magazine.

And welcome!
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I thought the same thing - reminded me of the story of your car.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Great story....clearly Glenn made a great choice for the "caretaker" of that car....get the Tornado all woken up and ready for the road and then go out and put it through it's paces.....I bet more than I can afford that sometime during that outing, you will get a huge smile on your face and you will know you are doing exactly what Glenn and Elsie would want you to do.

BTW: This story beats the hell out of the posts asking what these things are worth and speculating on the impact in value if they change out the spark plug wires.

You can't put a value on a car like this and thank goodness it went to someone who appreciates it and will cherish it, not as a '73 911S, but as Elsie's Tornado and the car he grew up dreaming about.

4SFED, I hope you are able to keep this car for a very long time and when it comes time for you to pass it along to the next caretaker, you will tell them the stories you have told us and hopefully there will be car people then who appreciate those stories as much as we do

I know if I ever get my '73 finished, I have already promised the first drive to the gentleman who entrusted me with it...That seems only fitting.

Very cool. Let me know if there is any pictures of its time in Ohio or at Stoddards...would love to "connect" with customers from back in the day.

pschroeder@stoddard.com
    Per Schroeder