Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for pics: pepita beige front seats please

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

Looking for pics: pepita beige front seats please

All,

before ordering them, I would like to see some exemples of front seats in Pepita beige, please.

Thanks
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Who are you ordering them from? I think you should ask for a sample or a picture from your supplier.

Name:  DSC09509small.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  142.9 KB

SV

We used Eric Linden's brown pepita for this chocolate leather pair of seats , that we constructed for a client
    Name:  brownhoundclose.JPG
Views: 916
Size:  57.7 KBName:  brown.perf.2.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  108.8 KB Name:  brown.per,hounds1.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  128.2 KB
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

I believe this is what you seek:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Xavier
    i went through this in some detail when i was trying to redo the interior of my 73E
    I think the "beige" and "tan" were used as the same color in later (LWB??) cars and that was a lighter brown than the brown color which was also available.

HOWEVER there seemed to be a much lighter (real beige color) than was closer to white than brown in some of the SWB color books. That also appears to have been called "beige" at least in some markets

Personally that is the only color i would call "beige" and would go so far as to say that the later cars (at least into the 1970's did NOT have beige as the option - the code may have been the same but it was "tan" not beige.

BUT the pepita was always the "brown" or "tan" color that is shown on both photos above.
    I think that Davep's photo has the color washed out a bit (at least on my screen) - see the different color between the leatherette / leather on the B pillar and rear seat top and the main seats.
    When i redid mine i used pepita with the brown / tan highlight but could not get the right color for the leatherette. So i ended up using leather in a slightly more "yellow" tan. That does impact what the color of brown in the pepita looks like but i dont think it is significant.
    photos of what i ended up with are attached.

Are you looking at this for the SWB project or another car? if for a SWB i have attached a picture of a color chart for 1968. You can see the "beige" fabric and the three pepita colors - black and white (P2), red black and white (P1) and brown black and white (P3)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Those are very interesting and informative pictures. I ordered and have received Eric's wonderful red pepita and the main topic of conversation has been which way the red (in your case brown) stripe should run, across the seat or up the seat. Mine are standard seats not sport seats.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

One monkey wrench in the 'system' is that the literature and samples only show A, B, C & D while there also exists F=Blue, G=Green and K=Fawn
    From 301715 through 301750 I have 6 fawn paired with Bali blue and one fawn with Irish green. So we need to watch the paint match, and we need to find great examples of fawn as a reference. I also have 302831 blue with Light ivory paint. All of these from factory records.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Looks like the color stripe could run either way. I don't know if there is a proper way. I have seen photos of a new 73S aubergine/tan with sport seats, the color was running vertical not across. So I did mine that way. The car was in an R&T compilation of 70's Porsche road tests.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Many thanks to all. I should have stated in first place the objective of my request. As per my new 911 1975 (obviously not a swb, sorry Hugh ). I would like to change the current seats by R seats. On top of this, the external paint is light ivory and current interior is black. Therefore would like to coordinate the seats with the external color. I went to the Deser web site (my previous seats on White Arrow came from Deser and were very nice products), I find out the Pepita Beige fabric which seems nice.
    Name:  pepitabeige.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  7.8 KB

Some kind of cappuccino color them

However, I would like to get a seat pepita color (tan,brown,beige,...) used on Porsche and not something creative, as well as the right way for the fabric on the seats.

I have also noted from Dave, there are other colors : Green, Blue, Fawn. Also interested to see that Light ivory with Blue Pepita

I am slightly adapting my request : please show me interior of light ivory paint but black

Cheers
    Xavier
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 10-27-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Beautiful seat Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by TRE Cup View Post
    We used Eric Linden's brown pepita for this chocolate leather pair of seats , that we constructed for a client Name:  brown.per,hounds1.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  128.2 KB

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183