Thread: Paint body color H4 rims

Paint body color H4 rims

I have chrome rims in a set of H4 lights, I would like to paint body color in one of my cars. Do I need to buy different rims to paint them? Probably the paint won't stick good enough to the chrome.
    Early 911S Registry #2590

There are paintable rims that slip over your chrome rims. It works out very well. I would dare say that any of the paintable rims you find (those for sale new by the usual suspects) are this type. The mounting screw gets swapped out for a screw that also has a threaded center so you mount the ring with a Phillips head screw that screws into the main headlight mounting screw.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Thanks for your answer!
    Early 911S Registry #2590

my opinion (not that you asked) is that body-colored rims looks very 90's so to me it stands out on early cars, even SC's deserve maybe black rims, but it depends on the rest of the car. On my '79 I did brightwork for door handles, window trims, etc, and so I did chrome rings on the headlights
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Another option is to take them to a chrome shop and have them chemically stripped.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"