Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: '73 Porsche 911 S Restomod Build

Some "deconstruction" photos:

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Best way to introduce yourself? . . . .

. . . is to share your project

And any more details? . . . . model, engine, trans, miles, blah/blah/blah

. . . and welcome aboard
    The S had about 57,000 miles on it, but the PO cannot confirm it. I'm expecting a stack of paperwork documenting the Brumos "build". The engine is a bit of a rare bird. More details on that later. It still uses a 915, but has a LSD in it.

As it came from the factory:

Quick question.....why move forward with the restoration while waiting on paperwork documenting a Brumos build?
    Marvin Waters
    25 Yr PCA Member
    10 Yr Early S Registry Member

Im subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmotoring View Post
    Quick question.....why move forward with the restoration while waiting on paperwork documenting a Brumos build?
    Yeah, I'm going to second that comment. If there is value for a true special car from Brumos, why not retain that and make a hot rod out of something that doesn't have separate value? I guess to each their own, and the owner of any car certainly has the right to do whatever he wants with his possession. Still.

Don't modify a Peter Gregg special 911. I have a Club Sport that I can sell you if that is what you are after

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmotoring View Post
    The main reason is to bring the car up to my standard. The modifications performed aren't that impressive, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Laifman View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to second that comment. If there is value for a true special car from Brumos, why not retain that and make a hot rod out of something that doesn't have separate value? I guess to each their own, and the owner of any car certainly has the right to do whatever he wants with his possession. Still.
    I'm less than impressed with what Brumos did other than the wide body look. The induction system on the 3 liter block is all wrong. The welding was done by an apprentice or a 3 year old, I cannot decide. I'll keep the "spirit" of what they did, but I will have it brought up to snuff.

So are you saying that's a 3.0 MFI engine? What is it that is wrong with the induction system,,,just curious. And by the way, you need to mount the yoke on the other side of the engine.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    So are you saying that's a 3.0 MFI engine? What is it that is wrong with the induction system,,,just curious. And by the way, you need to mount the yoke on the other side of the engine.
    It is indeed a 3.0 MFI. It has an RSR case, pistons, and cylinders. The crank is S/C. The heads are modified 3.0 RS heads for twin plugs. The throttle bodies and stacks are plastic 2.4. The pump is 2.4. The cam journals are S/C. The oil pump is from a 964 (dating it to a possible rebuild post Brumos?). Mixing and matching at its finest.

I've seen the yoke on either side and have used it on either side. The opposite side has a threadsert in it and I didn't trust it. Moot point now as it is with SuperTec.