Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.
    Early S Registry #776
    Clayton Shipard
    Sydney, NSW Australia
    1972 911 2.4S
    2000 Boxster S

A Huge Thanks to Hugh for getting me actual pictures of the Options my car came with.

Thanks Mate......if your ever in Sydney let me know and I'll buy you a beer
    Clayton Shipard
    Sydney, NSW Australia
    1972 911 2.4S
    2000 Boxster S

Hi Clyde,

Good to see they are still available, and glad you got a set for yourself........hopefully my search will also turn up a set of the driving lights.

I will have a bit of time up my sleeve before i finish this restoration project so "good things come to those who wait" wish me luck in finding a set for myself.
    Clayton Shipard
    Sydney, NSW Australia
    1972 911 2.4S
    2000 Boxster S

Great thread - I appreciate your letting the project out to the vast audience here Subscribing now and for the future!!

cheers

Hey Mike,

Glad to hear from you........feel free to join me on my little project, it may take awhile but i think it will be worth it.

cheers

clayton
    Clayton Shipard
    Sydney, NSW Australia
    1972 911 2.4S
    2000 Boxster S

IMG_6828.jpg

Clayton
    You have a great project ahead of you. I thought that I would give you something to post on the wall to give you encouragement.
    9112300518 made January 1972
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    PCA, Early S Registry (#98) & RGruppe (#272)
    Rotarian

Hi Bill,

Thanks for dropping by and for the photo........your car looks like a sweet little ride, feel free to add a couple of shots from the rear of the car as well !

I noticed its gold, mine is/will be metallic gold so it is almost the same so its definitely a good photo to add to the wall for encouragement.

Did you restore any of this car yourself or did you buy it as is ?

One other question i notice your front lights and horns/grills are silver/chrome edged did this come standard on your car ? as i have seen them black as well, mine are black so i was just trying to work it out did the 72 come black as i thought they did as well as the 73
    Last edited by shipard; 01-17-2014 at 12:26 AM.
    Clayton Shipard
    Sydney, NSW Australia
    1972 911 2.4S
    2000 Boxster S

Clayton
    I have owned my S since 4/1979. It was repainted in about 1976 because the Porsche clear coat was going bad. The present gold is on the yellow side. I am currently rebuilding the engine. The horn grills and turn signal light covers should be chrome or silver. Porsche went to black in 1973.
    I looked at all of my digital pictures of the car and only came up with one picture of the rear. It also has my wife talking on the cell phone and to the right a well known yellow Porsche (YB). We were headed to a Porsche meet in Ventura California (7 hrs away) and stopped at a gas station.

IMG_0010.jpg
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    Rotarian

Hi Bill,

What a great shot of two great looking 911s', looks like you've had the chance to have a lucky long term ownership and enjoyment of your 911.

Thanks also for getting back to me about the silver/chrome edging. You mention that you are rebuilding the engine, was it just getting old and a little tired or was there another reason you decided to do this ? Also what exactly are you doing in the rebuild ? and if you don't mind me asking what parts are you replacing and why have you decided to do so ?

again thanks for the inspirational shots.

cheers
    clayton
    Clayton Shipard
    Sydney, NSW Australia
    1972 911 2.4S
    2000 Boxster S

Clayton
    My engine had 108,000 miles on it and it would smoke on deceleration. When they disassembled it, they found that the valve were starting to rub on the cylinder walls. The valve guides we're worn out. I am doing a complete rebuild and upgrade. It will look as close to original as possible and be good for at least 100,000 miles. I believe that it will add value to the car.
    The yellow car with my car is the RUF Yellow Bird, it was a great chance meeting.
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    Rotarian