Thread: Tall driver, any seat ideas?

Tall driver, any seat ideas?

Hi guys,

A tall guy I know has bougth a nice 1969 911E Targa. He's almost 7 feet tall and first hit the Targa top when fitted. We've put in a small, non-adjustable back BF Torino seat with a very low, specially made bracket I had left over from a race 911. A small seat was a must because it must slide all the way back order to give him enough room for his legs.... Ok, no easy task but somehow he fits and can drive. Now we're looking for a nicer seat, something like a replica of a Recaro sport seat but without tilt mechanism (too wide to slide the seat all the way back).

Did anybody run into the same problem and has found a nice, good looking seat?

Thank you very much,
    Mike
    Mike, member #841

The PO of my 69 was about the same height. He used a lowered seat from a late 70s Porsche. Not original but he drove comfortably.
    Merv

Member # 2633
    Cars:
    Porsche '68 - 911N (Sold)
    Porsche 356B (T-6) S Coupe
    Porsche 2008 C2 997 Cabriolet (Sold)
    Porsche 2010 Gen.2 Boxster S

I know Magnus uses some dropped seat rails. I am not sure if he got them from another Porsche or car or if he had his fabricator modify some stock ones.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Hello,
    Welcome to these forum sites, whatever you have asked, I don’t have
    right answer to this, but if you want to know about classifieds, you come
    to the,
    Top Ten Classified Websites
    Thanks,