Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MotorMeister is finally closing down, better claim your car or engine!

MotorMeister is finally closing down, better claim your car or engine!

By all indications given in this discussion, MotorMeister is FINALLY going out of business. They were/are selling customer's cars with lien sale titles as seen on Craigslist and in this current ebay auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151160997390

This is in addition to the cars and engines seen held hostage at the 1:10 mark of this 2010 video: Sneak Peak of Motor Meister's New Facility for 2010! - YouTube

According to a good source, MM's facility is locked down with investigators checking things out. If your car or engine is seen in the above links, I would make an attempt to claim them now. Call the Downey Police and report your car/engine stolen so there is a paper trail to get what's yours when the investigators sort this out.

Check out the photos below taken from the above links. I wonder if there's anything we can do to help reunite these cars and engines to their proper owners...document VIN and engine numbers and post them?

Couldn't happen to a more deserving outfit... hope the hoards of complainants receive what is due them.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

UPDATE:

Have 1st hand knowledge that Bureau of Automotive Repair investigator's name is Mario Salas.
    He spent 6 hours there yesterday and counted 78 cars. He recorded every VIN and instructed MM not to lein any vehicles. Apparently may be placing stop on any and all paperwork filed at DMV forthwith.There are hundreds of motors gearboxes and engine cases scattered all over the shop. Mom and dad are there daily at least for the near future. Do not trust them. And I am sure they they will not be there too much longer. Jerry Jr. allegedly had a veracious appetite for hookers, drugs and Vegas. Thats where all the money went. He is currently AWOL according to Downey PD. By the way the real last name of dad and son is not Marks. Its Marquez according to an employee at the site. They apparently wanted to appear as caucasion descent and not hispanic. At least 3 or 4 customers claimed cars and motors yesterday and today. 1 customer from Virginia even hired a Private detective to retrieve his car and parts. A local body shop who painted cars for MM and is owed thousands is sitting on at least 10 cars. If you have anything there that belongs to you better get it asap. MM is not long for this world and the old man has parkinsons. Wish everyone good luck with retrieving their property.

Hookers, cocaine, Vegas and Porsches.... I guess the 80's are hip again
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects

Special K - there's the answer to your (and my) question of, " if they're so bad, how are they still in business?"
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

One of the daughters is on the local news...
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Special K - there's the answer to your (and my) question of, " if they're so bad, how are they still in business?"
    yep. finally the roof comes down. I'm surprised it took this long.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Sorry my slip... Meant Digital K!
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Sorry my slip... Meant Digital K!
    my wife thinks I'm special.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Roaches are tough to kill. Don't be surprised if they resurface under a pseudonym.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687