As I'm writing the ad to place on the site for Red, I get a text message about an "old neglected Porsche" sitting at a dealers lot. Been there awhile and I should check it out. When I got there, it was sitting outside, under an inch or so of snow. After haggling for a bit (I hate the BS, just tell me what you have in it & move on), I bought it on the spot.

Mentioning it to my friends later that night gave me the same reaction as it did to my significant other, starting with rolling of the eyes followed with "YOU did WHAT?!?!"

Here's what we know so far.
1. Using the "but I'm a car dealer" doesn't wash.
2. I get the evil eye & pursuing of the lips three days later.
3. My NASCAR race truck is now for sale.

4. It's a 1968 911 S Targa VIN: 11850027
5. 15 x 5.5" Fuchs. Spare looks to be 4.5" width.
6. Engine is numbers matching
7. What looks to be triple webers
8. Exhaust is fairly recent recent.
9. New heat exchangers -both sides
10. Webasto aux heater
11. Fog lights
12. Glass rear window - how does one know if it came with a soft window?
13. The ugliest Kamei seats I've ever seen. Didn't even know they made seats.
14. Complete owners manual & books showing original Cdn owner.
In-service date: 19-08-67, plus a very cool palm sized softcover book covering Porsche Technical Spec's for 912 911 911T 911L 911S
15. Vintage Messko red dot tire pressure gauge & leather pouch

I picked it up on a flatbed and was presently surprised it rolled after being outside for some time. Fully expected the calipers to be seized. My guess, it's been parked there at least a year. Brakes don't work, clutch works, but probably needs replacement.

I'll post some photos after I've had a chance to have a good look & pull the wheels.
With two 911 S-models, I'll need to sell one... But which one?