Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Make one conversion 912 to 911 R !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    Attachment 277238

This is a 550M on a 7R. The closest "modern" vintage size to the original specs.
    Close to the photo comparing how the fender is filled.
    I have put this size on more than a few 911Rs. They look very close to the period photos.
    The comparable size is 215-225.
    Definitely much bugger than a 185..............
    The reason they put on the flair to begin with was to put on a larger (7") tire...
    The other photo is very worn 215/60, Dunlop 550M,Dunlop 500M , Goodyear 550 (tall), Goodyear 500
    The Goodyears were found to be a little smaller than original and..... discontinued.
    H
    Harvey, what would be a recommendation for my 7x15 regular wheel on all four corners? I cannot afford the price of the Avon's so looking for modern alternate. I am confused be by the three choices I see typically recommended, 185/70, 196/65 and 205/60.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

What is your goal? If anything, its more labor than starting with a 911 to begin with, so that chassis better be close to costing you nothing. Otherwise wiring harness, engine mounts, suspension, brakes, chassis mods will outweigh the cost difference between shells.

Go cheap? say take a complete 912E, and install a carbed 911 in it? You will have figure out wiring, tach and oil guages, smaller main shaft on the trans- clutch differences< yes a 7:31, but weaker than a 915. Oil tank, cooler? So you will end up with a ill handling (small rear torsions), so so braking (small brakes) car unless you change those out too.

When building shells into race cars, they were good donors as most had no sunroofs, and you were replacing everything anyway

912-6's don't enjoy a decent resale $ per $ spent vs a "real" 911.

Ok !! Now I understand !!

Yes Sr. Weidman is in the right way !!!

You think the perfect sizes for search is dunlop 550 rear with 7" and dunlop 500 front with 6" !!! Ok ??

When have the car finished I have four 6 Oem fuchs ( in this would mount the perfect size for going to breakfast with my friends ) and have one other four mounted with r888 in 195/50/15 for when go to the track or make one rally........

Quote Originally Posted by Jm993rs View Post
    You're (orange) blinker assy is mounted upside down...
    Slate Gray, Red Leather, 1968 912 HWT

Quote Originally Posted by vicarpity View Post
    What is your goal? If anything, its more labor than starting with a 911 to begin with, so that chassis better be close to costing you nothing. Otherwise wiring harness, engine mounts, suspension, brakes, chassis mods will outweigh the cost difference between shells.

Go cheap? say take a complete 912E, and install a carbed 911 in it? You will have figure out wiring, tach and oil guages, smaller main shaft on the trans- clutch differences< yes a 7:31, but weaker than a 915. Oil tank, cooler? So you will end up with a ill handling (small rear torsions), so so braking (small brakes) car unless you change those out too.

When building shells into race cars, they were good donors as most had no sunroofs, and you were replacing everything anyway

912-6's don't enjoy a decent resale $ per $ spent vs a "real" 911.
    I would check prices again, at least over here in EU where you already pay close to 50K for a T.(not in restored state) since prices of good 912's are not over 30K yet there is some 10/15K which you safely can put in the rebuilt. So as result you end up with a much more healthier and fun car to drive than that old T that prob needs some work to.

building an outlaw or whatever you want to call it is better done from a 912 since 911's are more worth as they stay original (for some at least) since an outlaw can never be "not correct" because it's personal taste, it seems better to go for the "less" desirable car to start with.

my guess is that more and more 912 will be used for this, especially the SWB cars since the 911SWB will be too expensive to rebuilt as an outlaw.

just my 0.2s
    1988 3.2 Carrera
    @joost_hermes

S Registry # 2292

Exactly !! I think the same Sr. Hermes

The price of my car because need a lot of work and need one reconstruction is low price............ Because one Oem SWB is súper súper expensive.

I think now with this times the only way because the 912 step by step the the prices up very is because more 912 are selleds for the workshop and more workers on bodycars make conversions to 911's racing SWB !!!
    Last edited by Jm993rs; 01-09-2014 at 10:49 AM.

I look this Sr. Dezzmo, but not understand because can not conntact to this company !!!

I make fhone calls and not respound...........
    I send in the webpage the sistem for send one email, because not have direct addres and not respound.......

I would buy one pair of 2R model ........... But can not make without any contact !!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  56.3 KB

Views: 750
Size:  41.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jm993rs View Post
    I look this Sr. Dezzmo, but not understand because can not conntact to this company !!!

I make fhone calls and not respound...........
    I send in the webpage the sistem for send one email, because not have direct addres and not respound.......

I would buy one pair of 2R model ........... But can not make without any contact !!!

Views: 734
Size:  56.3 KB

Views: 750
Size:  41.2 KB
    I'm not sure why you were unable to get a response but let me try contacting them and I'm sure you will get an answer today.
    Tim G

Early S Reg #1017
    RGruppe #663

73 911T 3.2
    00 Ducati 996 Track Rat
    01 Ducati S4 Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzmo View Post
    I'm not sure why you were unable to get a response but let me try contacting them and I'm sure you will get an answer today.
    Michael E is in the middle of moving to another building. I'm sure that he will respond soon.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Thanks for the clarification Jim
    Tim G

Early S Reg #1017
    RGruppe #663

73 911T 3.2
    00 Ducati 996 Track Rat
    01 Ducati S4 Monster