Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @Fantasy Junction - '73 E Targa

Gee it would seem to me to change out the seats would cost next to nothing compared to the asking price - wonder why they haven't done it ? Sure present better - those are nice later model seats I am sure 74MY+ owner would buy them
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

member #1515
    They may not be correct but are more comfortable than the period correct sports seats. Maybe if the car was 100k it would be worth changing tHem out.
    My main complaint with the original sport seats is the bottom cushion being too short for long trips and the lumbar support was lacking too. Maybe others don't feel this way, I accept they look much better than these later versions.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Now, mind you, one of my major pet peeves is when people leave information out and blame others for not asking questions to clarify what was obviously incomplete. But here, the guy said it was "resprayed in signal orange", which, to me, implied it was not resprayed in original color. Had he left it at "resprayed" without qualifying, I would believe there may have been an intention to deceive or cover up some negative truth.

I don't know this person from Adam, and I think he could have done a better job at wording this description, but I would not say I believe his motivation was to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

Of course, I believe in the goodness of humanity, and therefore often feel naive...

My own car is gold metallic, and every time I see a cool color like this! I wish mine were not gold. It's cool and very popular but not my personal favorite. I was recently admonished by a known expert among us to not change the color of my car (currently in restoration) because the metallic gold adds a big chunk in value these days. That surprised me...

If I could find a cosmetically challenged 911E coupe in any other color, especially orange, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

While I am sure gold falls in and out of favor, like any color- I bet a nice job will look stunning. Would love to see pictures!
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post

Ha! That one is even more egregious:
    "The original Signal Orange paint has been previously resprayed..."

Neither of these ads can bring themselves to say it. COLOR CHANGE
    This one is very deceptive. "Original signal orange" tells me that was the cardex color.

If one needs proof that a color change affects value, (both popular topics on the forum lately), just read these two ads for this car.

The one dances around the issue, while the other outright lies or is unaware.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post

Ha! That one is even more egregious:
    "The original Signal Orange paint has been previously resprayed..."

Neither of these ads can bring themselves to say it. COLOR CHANGE
    OK, now I'm pissed!
    Go back and read the f^*king ad!
    I gave Fantasy Junction a call and relayed your concerns about the color issue. They changed to copy to deal with your concerns.
    WTF more do you want them to do?
    Here is a direct quote from their ad "The car is cosmetically attractive, having been resprayed in Signal Yellow at some point in the past, a color change from gold."
    The owner of Fantasy Junction is Bruce Trenery and he has been in the business for decades and has a very good reputation and many 100s of repeat customers. He doesn't need to deceive or cheat anybody out of their money. The owner of the car is also a friend of mine and is a stand up guy, as well.
    There is no intent to deceive anybody and the car is available for any scrutiny that a prospective buyer may want.
    These guys do not deserve the crap that they seem to be getting from the peanut gallery on this forum.
    They are owed an apology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James K. Breazeale
    4060 Harlan St.
    Emeryville, Ca 94608
    510-653-3279
    www.easypor.com
    easypor@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    OK, now I'm pissed!
    Go back and read the f^*king ad!
    I gave Fantasy Junction a call and relayed your concerns about the color issue. They changed to copy to deal with your concerns.
    WTF more do you want them to do?
    Here is a direct quote from their ad "The car is cosmetically attractive, having been resprayed in Signal Yellow at some point in the past, a color change from gold."
    The owner of Fantasy Junction is Bruce Trenery and he has been in the business for decades and has a very good reputation and many 100s of repeat customers. He doesn't need to deceive or cheat anybody out of their money. The owner of the car is also a friend of mine and is a stand up guy, as well.
    There is no intent to deceive anybody and the car is available for any scrutiny that a prospective buyer may want.
    These guys do not deserve the crap that they seem to be getting from the peanut gallery on this forum.
    They are owed an apology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James K. Breazeale
    4060 Harlan St.
    Emeryville, Ca 94608
    510-653-3279
    www.easypor.com
    easypor@sbcglobal.net
    Touched a nerve, apparently. Perhaps you know the seller ...

The wagon circling lately on the forum is fascinating.

On something like original color, which can be somewhere up there close to matching numbers for many buyers, rewriting the ad properly to reflect the car's current state seems like the right thing to do. Mission accomplished.

Apologize for hoping for clarification in an ad in an overheated seller's market? Not from me
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Jim,
    I agree with you !!!!!!!!!!
    I recently sold a car through FJ and had an absolutely GREAT transaction. They have always been honest to a fault. I would buy or sell anything through them in a minute.
    Sometimes I get sick reading all of the CRAP accusations, assaults and insults that are so easily thrown around this Forum. It is a real shame that we let a few folks run off some really great contributors ie Magnus,Raj, and others. Shame Shame.

Beh911

So, you don't think you owe them apology? Let me take a quote from one of your last posts (long after they ammended their ad copy, by the way) "The one dances around the issue, while the other outright lies or is unaware."
    Accusing someone of "Outright lies" when they had, in fact, changed their ad to please you, even though your definition of "respray" is incorrect according to a modern dictionary. Yes, you owe them an apology.

Warmest Regards

Jim