Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: @Canepa - '73 RS

Banned
    Yes, my gay unicorn and all his friends are dead.
    Their rainbows have been extinguished forever.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 11-22-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Interesting car. Might be the same color as mine (hard to tell in pics). Although it looks like it may not be very original, if you care about that stuff. I would have to check the book but it looks (based on the serial number) that it's a Touring that they "converted" to a Lightweight in 1979. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I have no idea what Bruce is asking for this but, whatever it is, I hope he gets it. Neat car.
    Last edited by Sherpa23; 11-22-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Early 911S Registry Member #2623

73 Carrera RS #1108
    67 911 SWB Hot Rod Project in progress
    A bunch of stuff from Maranello and Bologna no one here cares about
    79 BMW M1 #11

Okay,,,,its a beautiful car,,,,and to paraphrase an old saying "I wouldn't kick it out of my garage",,,but I sure wish painters would finish off the doors by painting the black edge around the door panel. And of the 600 or so lightweights ever made ,,,,there's only about 1300 left.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Okay,,,,its a beautiful car,,,,and to paraphrase an old saying "I wouldn't kick it out of my garage",,,but I sure wish painters would finish off the doors by painting the black edge around the door panel.
    Pet peeve of mine as well Ed. Any seasoned 911/912 restorer knows this is one of those areas that people will look for right away.

FS: @eBay - 1973 RS Coupe - 9113600788

Throttlestop, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
    1973 Porsche 2.7L 911 Carrera RS Coupe
    VIN: 9113600788
    Engine: 6630780
    Trans: 830700
    Production No: 1035641
    Color: Tangerine/Black
    Mileage: 2,376 km (indicated)
    BIN Price: US$890,900

73RS 1.jpg

73RS 2.jpg

73RS 2-1.jpg

73RS 3.jpg

73RS 4.jpg

Dealer Description:

Originally delivered to Porsche Austria in Salzburg, and then owned and operated by them until October 1974. Subsequently it was sold to the owner of Unit Pictures and stayed in his family until February 1979. Rainer Roth would purchase the car and go on to own 788 for the next 23 years. Soon after his acquisition of the car, Roth decided to restore the M472 touring car as a M471 lightweight. Porsche Austria GMBH was engaged to convert 788. They, of course, used only authentic factory parts, including the very rare sport lightweight seats, lightweight carpets and door panels, clock plug, etc. After its’ restoration Roth drove the car until November 1995, when he began to see the long-term collectability of the car and put it in storage. He finally parted with the car in 2002, and it made its’ way to the US in July of that year. The deal was brokered through the author of the definitive book on the Carrera RS, Dr. Georg Konradsheim.

In 2009, Gunner Porsche Racing was engaged to do some work on 788 and ended up doing a ground-up, nut and bolt restoration. Stripped down to its’ component parts it was restored piece-by-piece using only Porsche parts. The original numbers matching engine was rebuilt and transmission serviced. All original parts were replated or refinished. The gauges were restored and the interior redone. The car was painted its’ original factory Tangerine paint, and the decision was made to keep the car in the lightweight trim it received from the factory in 1979. As with all of Gunner’s restorations, the work is meticulous, detailed, and undeniably correct.

788 is numbers matching and comes with its’ books, Certificate of Authenticity, and a very complete documentation, including restoration photographs, import documentation, ownership history and Einzelgenehmigung (Austrian registration document).

The Carrera RS is one of the most revered cars in the Porsche pantheon, and is regarded as one of the finest sports cars of the 1970’s. Revealed at the 1972 Paris Auto Show, it was a factory special built to meet the homologation rules of FIA Group 4 racing. The RS (Rennsport) was almost invincible at Le Mans, Daytona and the Targa Florio, often winning outright against pure racing prototypes. It’s not often you would see the same car on the podium one day, and passing you on the open road the next. The RS is conclusive proof that one of Porsche’s greatest skills was building a car that was immensely competitive at the track and equally useable as a street car. This Carrera RS captures the impossible combination of eminent drivability, total practicality, and huge fun. Few cars have ever, or will ever, match its’ ability to dominate at the track and then take you safely back home. With careful ownership and maintenance, this car has been restored to easily last another 40 exciting years.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 08-23-2018 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Added Photos
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

FS: @eBay - 1973 2.7L 911 Carrera RS Coupe - 0788

Back at Canapa . . . previous posts going all the way back to 2009:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=9113600788
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...788#post626537
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...788#post688588
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...788#post702773
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...788#post702798
    ----------------------------
    Canapa, Scotts Valley, CA
    1973 Porsche 2.7L 911 Carrera RS Coupe, Item #153637634765
    VIN: 9113600788
    Engine: 6630780
    Trans: 830700
    Production No: 1035641
    Color: Tangerine/Black
    Mileage: 1,477 (claimed)/2377 km (indicated)
    BIN Price: US$925,000

73RS 1.jpg

73RS 2.jpg

73RS 3.jpg

73RS 4.jpg

73RS 5.jpg

73RS 6.jpg

73RS 7.jpg

73RS 8.jpg

73RS 9.jpg

Dealer Description:

- Full nut and bolt, concours-quality restoration
    - Matching numbers engine and transmission
    - Porsche factory upgraded to M471 Lightweight specifications
    - 1,477 miles since restoration in 2009
    - Has Porsche Certificate of Authenticity
    - Includes books, tools, compressor, spare and service documents

The Carrera RS is one of the most revered cars in the Porsche lineage, and is regarded as one of the finest sports cars of the 1970’s. Revealed at the 1972 Paris Auto Show, it was a factory special built to meet the homologation rules of FIA Group 4 racing. The RS ("Rennsport") was almost invincible at Le Mans, Daytona and the Targa Florio, often winning outright against pure racing prototypes. It’s not often you would see the same car on the podium one day, and passing you on the open road the next. The RS is conclusive proof that one of Porsche’s greatest skills was building a car that was immensely competitive at the track, and equally useable as a street car.

This Carrera RS was originally built on February 23rd, 1973 and delivered to Porsche Austria in Salzburg whose owner and principal kept the Carrera RS as part of their collection until October of 1974. It was subsequently sold to the owner of Unit Pictures and stayed in his family until February of 1979. Rainer Roth purchased the car who then kept the RS for the next 23 years.

After taking possession of the car, Roth decided to convert the M472 touring car to a M471 lightweight. He engaged Porsche Austria GMBH to convert his Carrera RS, using only original (NOS) factory parts, including rare sport lightweight seats, lightweight carpets and door panels, clock plug, etc. Once the conversion was completed, Roth drove the car until November of 1995, when he saw the long-term collectability of the car and put it in storage. In 2002 he parted ways with his beloved RS and made its way to the U.S. that year. The deal was brokered by the author of the definitive book on the Carrera RS, Dr. Georg Konradsheim.

In 2009 Gunnar Racing was tasked with doing some work on the RS and ended up performing a full ground up, nut-and-bolt restoration. The car was stripped down to its bare tub, with each of its individual systems and parts taken apart and restored piece by piece using only Porsche parts. The original, numbers matching engine was rebuilt and the matching transmission was serviced. All of its original parts were replated or refinished, along with its gauges restored and interior reupholstered. The RS was painted in its factory original Tangerine orange color, and the decision was made to keep the car in its lightweight trim that it received from the factory in 1979. As with all of Gunnar’s restorations the work is meticulous and detailed.

In December of 2013 Canepa sold the car to its most recent owner who kept it in pristine condition, adding few miles during his ownership. The Carrera RS returned to Canepa in 2019, in the same fantastic condition that it was when it left. The car received a full mechanical inspection and concours-level detailing, and is now offered for sale again. Step into this 911 Carrera RS and understand why these cars are rightly held on a pedestal as one of the all-time greats.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548