Thread: 71 air Box for Weber Carbs.

71 air Box for Weber Carbs.

I have two metal air boxes to chose from for my 1971 T with Webers, one it's stamp at the top with an E and a date 8-69, the other one does not have a date stamp on it and I don't know if one of the vacuum lines it's broken or if it should be a T like the other one. which it's a period of correct one for my 71 and is the rear vacuum T broken or is it a single tube correct for that box?
    Thank You.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm not aware of any vacuum lines on the air cleaner. There are fuel lines for the fuel spray cold start however.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

You are correct. I am Sorry I did put vacuum lines.

This is mine for my 71 E and it has the letter 'E' stamped on the top with no date. But I do believe that the fuel lines on the T air box are different from the E
    Name:  photo (32).jpg
Views: 232
Size:  117.2 KB

Is your 71 E carburated or fuel injection?
    Maybe that it's where the mistake is and both of the boxes that I have are for fuel injection engines?
    Thanks for the picture!

Mine is fuel injected all 911E's are fuel injected, and no problem.

Im pretty sure the 71T and the 71E both are the first of the plastic ones. with the 71E cold start lines inside. prone to melt down
    carb model no holes

Its possible that they started to make the plastic ones in 71, but didn't put them on the cars until 72. Because the air box for my 71E is metal and original

This was discussed on an earlier thread, and as often happened with Porsche some items are difficult to nail down. There were many examples of 71 cars with plastic air cleaners, my 71 T among them. Probably another case of them using up existing stock first.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I know this car came with a metal air cleaner it was an early 71 built on 7/70 the thing is that for a T built with carbs I think the correct metal air filter box should it be with no cold start lines... thing that makes booth of the ones I have incorrect.