Thread: Need Help to find Photo or info on Early 911 1965 to 1969 owned by Paul Newman

Need Help to find Photo or info on Early 911 1965 to 1969 owned by Paul Newman

Hello! Need you guys help please!
    Im looking for information and pictures of an early 911 owned by Paul Newman (Actor)
    In 1970 in an interview with "Motor Trend", attached is the article mentioned from the book "WINNING". Paul Newman mentioned that "He had a Porsche 911". This means he had to have owned one between 1965 to 1969.
    In the rolodex of my car it shows L Paul Newman owned it, it also shows Siver Metallic color, the year of the 911 shows 1965, but maybe there could be other Paul Newman's in the world, this is why I need to find a photo or any info please, with Paul and a pre 1970 911, even better if is Silver color. I have found a few pictures and info but is from after 1970, I need from before 1970 please.
    If anyone has information on this or pictures please post here and if you can, email me at FerrCarerra@ymail.com
    Thank You!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  91.7 KB
    Faresi
    Last edited by Faresi Design; 12-13-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Paul Newman's 911 . . .

. . . '73 'S', silver/red --- 'rumored' . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NiceT View Post
    . . . Many years ago when I was afraid of old 911's maintainance woes I saw a silver on red 73S reportedly once owned by Paul Newman for sale in Hemmings. The color combination caught my eye more than the provenance and I don't remember a price but hindsite.... oh well.
    I grew up in Atlanta watching Paul Newman in his early racing days at Road Atlanta. The first car I remember was a MGB in D Production. He would squirrel away in His Winnebago untill race time and then I would see his car go out with our freinds D Production Alfa.

Ahhh...a silver on red 911S.

Daron . . .

Drove a '911 S' at Sebring in '77 . . .
    http://www.racingsportscars.com/driv...ewman-USA.html

. . . and a 914 video . . .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oi5hWNAPsk

HtH
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LongRanger; 12-12-2013 at 03:17 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

I have info on Paul Newman's 911's owned after 1970, looking for info on pre 1970!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  91.7 KB

Hi, thanks for sharing, I have also found information on Porsches owned by Paul Newman after 1970, but need help on finding info or pictures of Paul Newman's Porsche 911's that he own (before 1970). Like it states in the article attached that is from the Book (Winning) The Racing Life of Paul Newman!
    Thank You for any help!
    Last edited by Faresi Design; 12-13-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Olde Threade Alerte! . . .

How'd all this turn out? . . .

. . . anything more to share about Mr Newman's Porsches?

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Faresi Design View Post
    In the rolodex of my car it shows L Paul Newman owned it, it also shows Siver Metallic color, the year of the 911 shows 1965, but maybe there could be other Paul Newman's in the worldi
    With rolodex you mean kardex, right?? Why not post it to see if there are any clues that could help? The address should be easy to check. As you maybe noticed there was recently another car for sale claimed to be owned by a celebrity, but it took the guys here less than five minutes to determine it could not have been him. I think your chances are better, Paulīs middle name was Leonard
    Last edited by Schiefer; 11-30-2015 at 04:31 AM. Reason: error
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes