Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Our Slate Grey/ Red 67S is done and on a truck to Texas....

gtben if you go to the website of Autokennel you will see multiple photos of the car. Ya kudos to Autokennel for showing what it has. Lipstick on a pig. If my shop had done this I would have run, not walked, to make it right before letting anyone sell it with my name on it. It only took four years for the poor work to show up.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

that was not nice to see ...in 4 years
    Light Yellow -74
    @lagteknik

Quote Originally Posted by gtBen View Post
    Where do you see the rust on the car? I can't see it! ...still learning
    The selling dealer link in the ad fully discloses the paint issues, it appears.
    See this link
    https://autokennel.com/1967-porsche-911-s-coupe/

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 6.13.55 PM.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  49.3 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Didn't Esposito's shop do the restoration? I remember coveting that car when it was finished and I nearly took a run at it as it was local. VERY glad I didn't. I remember my perception of the owner was that he didn't cut any corners but it looks like someone did. If I'd paid for that work, I'd be pi**ed off.
    I know there was a very long thread on Pelican about a 67 that I guess Rennman (Don) sold to an individual and the 911 was stuck in the same shop for similar reasons. It was very long and colorful conversation with some defending the shop and some (especially owner of said car) expressing displeasure. Not sure how that ended.
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

Quote Originally Posted by juche_namja View Post
    Not sure how that ended.
    With deleted and locked threads

Quote Originally Posted by nickb4 View Post
    With deleted and locked threads
    I give this thread another page before same thing happens
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Why would Chuck delete facts? A fact is a fact. This is lousy work. Is there some socal mutual admiration at work? I hope not. Enthusiasts checkin with the ESR for the truth. We are the Registry, not an individual... There are manifold threads on the truth concerning all aspects of early 911s. Why would this be any different?
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    Why would Chuck delete facts? A fact is a fact. This is lousy work. Is there some socal mutual admiration at work? I hope not. Enthusiasts checkin with the ESR for the truth. We are the Registry, not an individual... There are manifold threads on the truth concerning all aspects of early 911s. Why would this be any different?
    Lately, Chuck has been deleting even more facts than usual...

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Didn't Esposito's shop do the restoration? I remember coveting that car when it was finished and I nearly took a run at it as it was local. VERY glad I didn't. I remember my perception of the owner was that he didn't cut any corners but it looks like someone did. If I'd paid for that work, I'd be pi**ed off.
    I think the then owner did believe he was doing the best work. However there were quite a few things wrong with the car like panels etc. he had many of the wrong things pointed out to him but didn’t fix all of them. I saw the car at auction. Pretty colors for sure but not the quality I would be interested in (and I prefer preservation class anyway).

The current broker auto kennel though is quite honest. Current price seems honest too.

This is a quote from Louie: "Overall the car is coming out as expected considering the fellas doing the work. Simply beautiful. Its been a complete restoration with literally nothing going untouched. No short cuts, everything restored to the highest level. All the details are going to be right. Its the little details that have made this project so much fun"
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-of-our-family

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I think the then owner did believe he was doing the best work. However there were quite a few things wrong with the car like panels etc. he had many of the wrong things pointed out to him but didn’t fix all of them. I saw the car at auction. Pretty colors for sure but not the quality I would be interested in (and I prefer preservation class anyway).

The current broker auto kennel though is quite honest. Current price seems honest too.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616