Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Slate Grey/ Red 67S is done and on a truck to Texas....

Our Slate Grey/ Red 67S is done and on a truck to Texas....

As a few of you will recall Julie and I bought our 67S from Magnus mid 2011.

Details:
    1967 S
    305966S
    Born Slate Grey/ Red.

After a short while we decided to do a complete restoration to the highest standards. Bucket list goal.

Entrusted with the cars rebirth were (a few) of the best of the best Porsche guys in the SoCal area. It was our goal to have a car that would win in any concours. We are going to do our best to show the car at Pebble Beach and a few others. We did everything to the highest standards and never cut corners. We even found 4.5 fuchs that were date stamped 09/66 (when this car was made) WITH the original tires!

We were warmly welcomed in into the classic Porsche community at every turn of the way. The Porsche community has a real sense of family that I have never experienced with other marques.

A few of the folks who have helped us along the way with information, advice and maybe a part or two:
    - Paul at the Auto Kennel.
    - Magnus Walker. (he warned me about the slippery slope of a complete restoration)
    - Tony and his crew at Autobahn.
    - Harvey Weidman.
    - John Esposito
    - Paul Chappell (posts on this site...excellent resource for parts)
    - Rolly
    - Tony and TLG
    - and of course Marco at TLG.

In the very brief time we have owned this car it is truly amazing how much the classic 911 scene has evolved. I am not sure I would take on a restoration like this again. The guys we worked with made the process easy and more or less painless...and always fun and interesting. The downside is the escalating costs. Prices of the parts and restoration services have finally caught up with the rest of the classic European collector car world.

If all goes to plan the car will be here in Texas this Tuesday. We will post pictures etc. I plan on creating a very in depth site about the restoration of the car (and our other Porsches).

We have had a few magazines express interest in doing a story on the car. (Magnus being the former owner probably didn't hurt
    Will create a series of videos etc and hopefully leave more than a few easily found breadcrumbs for others who decide to slide down their own slippery slope.

Subscribed! Can't wait to see & hear more...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Pics or it didn't happen...

hah...you will get your pics.

I am going to toss up a wordpress site to host all the pictures vs loading them here. Software for this site isn't picture loading friendly..takes too long and times out.

Will work on this site over the next week or so..

It doesn't get much better than Slate Gray over Red.

Congratulations, Louie. I've watched your car come together over the past months and...wow! She is stunning. Enjoy in good health.
    Early 911 S Registry #2582
    R-Gruppe #693

2011 GT3 Black
    2006 CTTS Blue
    1969 911S Ivory

You have probably seen the car more than I have over the last few months....

Hopefully this link works...

https://plus.google.com/photos/10185...30674612496017

Working on a site to organize all of these pictures. Loads of the 67S and others from our collection. 99% taken in 2013 from our various car events...we do love our car events

Will organize over the next week or so...maybe Wordpress...maybe I will be lazy and just do a Facebook page..

OOOPs...forgot to also thank Eric Linden!

(Car is on the truck...images coming soon

OK fellas...updated.

These pics are just OK...will take much better images later today or tomorrow...

https://plus.google.com/photos/10185...30674612496017