Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Nice 911 video.

Not a video, but now at least you know why a Porsche is 'batter' than a BMW

Name:  BoNsG2mCYAAH4zV.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  35.5 KB

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I liked it... short but worth it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTSqbNBAiDk
    1969 911T #3495
    Member #2793

Vic Elford talks about how he talked Porsche into Rallying

Just commentary, but good commentary from Vic Elford re 911 in 1967. From the website that posted it

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2014/...sche-911-1967/

This car I know is going to be a winner. I want to drive it.” – Vic Elford
    1967 was a good year for Porsche and Vic Elford. They took the new and unproven 911 out for a spot of rallying, and they did OK.
    This episode of Roads & Rides’ Legends of Racing catches up with Vic Elford to hear about his year in 1967, when he took the Porsche 911 out to test its limits in motorsport.
    His year kicked off in earnest at the end of 1966, when he left Ford and went to Baron Huschke von Hanstein, Porsche’s then-competition director, to ask for a 911 to take racing. At the time Porsche had no particular interest in rally racing; no rally budget and no rally department, but they lent Elford a car, with no support, to enter the Rally Corsica.
    And that was enough. He mastered the Rally of a Thousand Corners and took third, piquing Porsche’s interest enough to contest the Monte Carlo Rally and begin taking things seriously.
    From there he began to uncover the potential of the 911, and stormed the world of rally racing, stopping off for some British saloon car racing and autocross on the way.
    It’s an engaging story from a fascinating and down-to-earth period of racing, and Vic tells it magnificently. Enjoy

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Not yet posted I believe.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

This one is very nice. I like the guy getting hilarious while accelerating in the tunnel

O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

I know what am gonna dreaming of tonight.

X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Clewell View Post
    http://vimeo.com/67250579

refreshing. no chatter. just car.
    Any opinions on the fuel filler being under the lid? Been thinking center fill at some point but like how removing the filler all together from the fender or hood cleans up,the lines. What problems would I need to address? Venting?

My Inspiration

'86 44 Turbo, black/red,7's and 8's fuchs, autothority - sold (rocketship)
    '97 Boxster, first delivered in DC Metro, silver/red -sold (huge mistake to buy this one)
    '99 C2, silver/black, RoW M030, limited lip, short shift - sold (good ride, but...)

'69 912, 3.2 with all the trimmings
    (finally got air cooled)
    Early 911S Registry Member 2044

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRS View Post
    Any opinions on the fuel filler being under the lid? Been thinking center fill at some point but like how removing the filler all together from the fender or hood cleans up,the lines. What problems would I need to address? Venting?
    Vent it just like any other tank. Under-hood filler is a great upgrade in my opinion, and I'm surprised more people don't copy that factory tweak more often.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Hi All,

Another video, I hope you find it enjoyable....

Cheers,

Harry.

This just came out....might be of some interest?

http://deuscustoms.com/media/film/lu...%20newsletters