Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 964 euro carrera cup cars

Nobody knows an genuine NGT or cup for sales? Any info is welcome. rgds

Thanks Phil. Lots of good detail shots on their website. http://elevenclassics.com/en/listing...maritime-blue/
    Last edited by MarkH; 01-12-2017 at 12:53 PM.

964 C2 - ex 968CS - ex 911 C3.o - ex 911 2.4T

285k euros asking price for the red one in France...85K kms. Prices are so hi...Almost 5 months the cars is for sale...

Quote Originally Posted by akool View Post
    Hi Mark,
    I'm on holiday right now but as soon as I'm back I will scan all the papers I have some pictures and the details of the car.
    The car was bought and raced by Lex Proper from whom I bought the car. first year the car (1991?) raced the livery/sponsor was EPSON color mint green. Second year the car was red sponsored by Novell (Akam Data).

As soon as I have scanned the document I will leave you a message and we can share the document with dropbox.

Thx in advance!
    Hi Akool

I'd be very interested to know more info on your Cup car please. I'd like to check if it is registered on the 964 RS database. If you'd rather send the details in an email, that's fine.

Many thanks
    Martin

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car...up/1991/431960

To be OFFERED AT AUCTION at RM Sotheby’s Paris event, February 8, 2017.
    Estimate:
    €225,000 - €275,000

Type 964. 260 bhp, 3,600 cc SOHC air-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine with electronic fuel injection, five-speed manual transmission, front and rear independent suspension with front coil springs and McPherson struts, rear semi-trailing arms, adjustable anti-roll bars, and four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes with ABS. Wheelbase: 2,270 mm

One of only 270 Carrera Cup cars produced; just 120 in 1991
    Three-time Nürburgring 24 Hours Participant; 3rd overall in 1991 and 4th in 1993
    Completely rebuilt in 2015 by SMART Motorsport; restored to original Maritime Blue
    Original engine, rebuilt with 'zero kilometres' in 2016
    Includes German road registration documents
    Building on Porsche’s reputation for exemplary production-based racing cars, the Type 964 Carrera Cup was introduced in 1990. Competition Department modifications included the loss of 250 kilograms, modest power increase, suspension geometry changes, modified gear ratios, no power steering, and the addition of a competition welded roll-cage.

This Carrera Cup was originally delivered to Walter Knebel Motorsport for future Porsche Works driver Uwe Alzen to drive in the 1991 Porsche Carrera Cup Germany. A relatively modest 11th position in the 1991 Championship—including 3rd place at the Alemennenring, 5th at Silverstone, and 6th at Spa—was surpassed by an excellent 3rd overall in the stand-alone Nürburgring 24 Hours, with Alzen joined in the car by brother Jürgen, and Thomas Lischke.

In 1992, the car was sold to Jürgen Alzen’s own team for the Nordschleife-based VLN series and yielded 16th overall in the Nürburgring 24 Hours, driven by the elder Alzen, Bernd Maylander, and Hans Stuckenbrock. The car was re-shelled that year with a correct factory replacement (the original invoice is retained), and a similar schedule for 1993 saw the car place 4th in the 24 Hours once again, driven by Jürgen Alzen, Thomas Lischke, and Frank Schmickler.

Sold by Alzen in 1995, and with three subsequent German owners, the car was acquired by the vendor in 2014 and has recently benefited from a complete restoration to original 1991 specification, including bare metal paint in the original Maritime Blue. The original engine was also acquired and has been freshly rebuilt. Importantly, the competition history is supported by the all-important ONS Wagenpass and has been confirmed by the Alzen brothers.