Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 964 euro carrera cup cars

Thanks for the reply. Makes me wonder how they were homologated. Weren't there around 300 built? How many were required for N-GT?

Mark

As a complement to my -67 912 soft window targa, I own the 38th bult -90, 964 cup.
    Steel doors without the side impact steelbar.
    / Jesper

Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    OK, these are the things that make a guy crazy. I sent an email to Steve Patti at Euro RS. He had the yellow RS N-GT for many years and this was his reply;

"Yes - the M003 Competition cars ("Club Sports", N-GT) has aluminum doors and hood."

Anatol, can you help with this??

Mark
    Alu fronthood, steel doors
    70 911 ST
    92 911 Carerra rs n/gt
    85 911 Carerra 3,2l

Jesper and Sten, thank you for your comments and welcome.

Does anyone have a copy of the homologation papers? This question could be resolved quickly. We know that the Base car, RS N-GT was not homologated with aluminum doors. If the doors were aluminum in the M003 Competition (Clubsport) version there will be an addendum to the original homologation document from my experience.

Mark

Also, if someone with one of these cars is REALLY bored during their Christmas holiday they could remove one of their door panels and check the production number stamping. If it matches the stamping on the rear deck of the tub that would be pretty hard to dispute.

As far as I know, alu doors was first installed on the 964 RSR.
    /J

As Phil mentioned, they were also on the C4 Lightweights which slightly predate the RSR's.

Mark

Euro 91 Cup cars had Steel doors and front hood, not sure about 92MY
    Last edited by pht9; 11-16-2014 at 09:48 AM.
    Phil Hindley
    Tech 9 Motorsport
    United Kingdom

www.tech-9.co.uk

Early S registry membership #2207

65 911 Racecar
    82 911 SC Coupe
    91 944 Turbo

I have nothing to offer beyond the fact that I love the Cup Race video. The cars are so ... ALIVE ... and there's soooooo many of them banging doors. Great footage. Thanks for sharing.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    I have nothing to offer beyond the fact that I love the Cup Race video. The cars are so ... ALIVE ... and there's soooooo many of them banging doors. Great footage. Thanks for sharing.
    Totally welcome of course! I love the video too and back in the day, watch a lot of the series when they were offered through Speedchannel, fun stuff.