Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 964 euro carrera cup cars

A freind of me has a -91 euro cup, steel doors without steel impact bar.

/J

Quote Originally Posted by Ekerö View Post
    A freind of me has a -91 euro cup, steel doors without steel impact bar.

/J
    Yes, I agree. I have never heard of any 964 Cup that had aluminum doors. But I am here to learn.
    My 92 has steel and the door stampings are original to the car.

Raj, we are four pages into this thread and can't get past door material! Could be a long one........

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Yes, I agree. I have never heard of any 964 Cup that had aluminum doors. But I am here to learn.
    My 92 has steel and the door stampings are original to the car.

Raj, we are four pages into this thread and can't get past door material! Could be a long one........

Mark
    Judging by the enthusiasm for the standard 964 in the other thread, I believe you may be correct...

Bring it on I say!
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Hi,

I own a 92 RS with factory installed aluminum doors.
    And I also own a 92 Cup car with steel doors.

The aluminum had been a special feature for the RS and are similar to the
    959 doors.

//

Manfred

I am wondering if a Touring 964 RS has AL doors and hood. Anyone know? Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Thank you Manfred, very interesting.

I do not have an order form but here is the parts list from Porsche Motorsports. Doors are on page 7.

http://www.carreracupusa.org/964-par...rts%20list.pdf

LOTS of info here. Thanks to Carrera Cup USA

Yes there are a difference.
    As I have mentioned in My prior posts, the cup doors are without the side impact bars.
    /J

I don't know currency of price list but I can't imagine an AL door would cost less than a wheel. I had a set of these doors and they were steel.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Only the 3.8 RSR had aluminium doors, as far as I know 959 doors.

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    I was corrected by Steve Patti regarding my terms in referencing the RS N-GT M003. Several times I used the term N-GT to describe the competition version.
    Steve pointed out that the term N-GT is actually used to describe the Base car. He does not know where this term came from but Bob Gagnon uses it as well in his article, "Lightweight Carrera Confusion." He also said that he has never seen any Factory reference to this term. Anyway, it seems that the name is generally accepted. The N-GT or Base car was the car that Porsche used to homologate the RS for GT racing. From the N-GT came the conversion orders that became the M001, M002 and M003. There is also historical precedence for this method of classification dating back to 1973 with the RS.

http://www.carreracupusa.org/article...%20Edition.pdf

So if Steve and Bob are correct, and I think they are, I need to correct myself. I probably would not have mentioned any of this had Raj not posted Adrian Streathers chart. Adrian is well respected and deserves it. But he writes history differently on this subject. You can see why Bob titled his article what he did.

Mark