Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Mongrel Street Racer

....and it's goodnight from him.....

I thought I'd close this thread with the results of my rolling road session yesterday....

The car has now travelled around 1800 miles since going on the road, lousy winter weather limiting use. Minor teething issues have been sorted and the car is gaining more of a look with a few added stickers, whilst I've added a sun visor, trimmed the doors in lightweight felt and tried different steering wheels etc....

....yesterday I went to Redtek for final engine adjustments and to see what power the car is making.....

......Redtek is a special place to visit, yesterday was even more special with a couple of 2.7 RS's in build along with an E, TE and many more....

....I even blagged a ride in a 207HP/700KG Porsche 904 when Nick had to test fueling ....

....and onto the rolling road....

....Nick had already told me to expect circa 250HP on megafones with a reduction of around 10HP (and increase in torque) with the exhaust fitted and so proved to be the case....

....so, 238HP with 185 lds ft of torque......

....all I need now is a long dry summer and lots and lots of road trips!

I'd like to say a big thank you to all on the Early 911S Registry who have followed this thread, provided encouragement, support and advice and helped along the way. It really has been appreciated.

Now let's all go drive!

Cheers,
    Last edited by Darren65; 02-13-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Darren, unless you are selling this car on, I would suggest that the thread/journey is just beginning and that you continue to post up along the way. The car looks great. Enjoy.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

Quote Originally Posted by merbesfield View Post
    Darren, unless you are selling this car on, I would suggest that the thread/journey is just beginning and that you continue to post up along the way. The car looks great. Enjoy.
    Thanks for your kind comments Mark,

The build may have come to an end but you're correct that this journey is just getting going!

Cheers,

A short video....

I'm still getting to grips with the GoPro and trying to stitch it all together is a learning curve!......I really should have taken the GoPro out of its case to capture the sound and boy do I wish the car was wearing megafones!

My apologies for the poor video quality and editing but you get the idea.....

<iframe width="1024" height="576" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YIDE6FMzMJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers,
    Last edited by Darren65; 09-10-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Thumbs up

Darren,

One of the most outstanding build threads we've ever had...... and now a drive thread.......

The adventures have just begun......... CHEERS........

Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

What's up with the air/fuel ratio graph? Are those two different runs? One looks nice and stable, the other is rather less so.

Do the megaphones fix the flat spot just below 5,000 rpm?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Chuck, that's generous praise indeed, thank you........I doubt I'll ever get close to your ownership and driving exploits but I sure will try!

Flieger, I'm afraid I'm not terribly technical and much of what Nick said about the lower graph and the lean spot went over my head. I did catch the comment that if this was EFI rather than MFI he'd just dial the numbers up to spread out the line.

Nick has been really impressed with the fuel pump which has provided perfect fueling across the range and hasn't needed any adjustment at all even when switching from the megafones to the exhaust however he did suggest sending the graph to Gus at Pacific Fuel Injection to see if he thought any adjustment could be made to cam to iron things out although at that particular range he didn't think so. Hope that sounds like a logical explanation of what I was told?

As I said, all a bit over my head.......what I do know is that the car feels fantastic on the road, it pulls strongly from low down and has way more torque than I expected. It's incredibly driveable and easy to live with and a whole lot of fun. I couldn't be happier

Cheers,

Looks terrific. Very inspirational.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Arnott View Post
    Soundclip please!
    ....I made some minor adjustments to my megaphones today and made a little soundclip....

....well, it sounds too tame with a muffler! .....

https://youtu.be/q-nuA5jDNtw

Cheers,