Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast

Thread: Mongrel Street Racer

Quote Originally Posted by rapido View Post
    No word.....just one, fantastic !
    Congrat's
    JLC
    Thank you

Great shots D... We had Jamie and Glen pay us a visit when we had our New Hampshire rally drive quite a few years back. He's a special talent with the lens and shutter.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    ...... now with some outstanding images by Jamie.......
    Well, I finally did manage to have my car photographed by Mr James Lipman!

Jamie called Friday saying he'd been offered a late slot at a photographic studio he uses for Monday and planned to take a few photos of his recently completed beautiful hot 912......would I fancy tagging along to get an image or two of my car?......silly question!

......first time I had seen Jamie's car complete and boy is it gorgeous!.....there's something so simple, pure and clean about an early modified SWB......just very, very cool

......watching Jamie work was an eye opener, two hours before he'd taken a single shot as he worked the light exactly how he wanted it.......I guess the attention to detail is what sets good photographers and really top professionals apart......

...I learnt a lot during the day and Jamie opened my eyes to just how an image and light should be composed....now I just need to learn how to work my camera properly! ....

It was a beautiful day with an excellent cross country run along some fantastic roads too; my daughter came along for the ride so only going at 6/10ths despite her encouragement to go faster but still plenty quick enough to be great fun.

Huge thanks to Jamie for the invite, it was a special experience and I can't wait to see the end results.

Cheers,

www.jameslipman.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    ..... now with some outstanding images by Jamie.....
    Now with some outstanding images from Jamie! ....

The guy sure does know how to capture light!

Cheers,

For reference these are the shots Jamie took of his gorgeous modified 912 on the day.

The vehicles were shot in the same position using the same light, interesting to note the differences between my 72 and Jamie's simple pure SWB which makes my car seem wide in comparison.

Jamie kept a fantastic blog of his build which he completed largely by himself; a great, at times laugh out loud, warts and all read and very different from many build threads. Worth taking a look at..... http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...p?f=28&t=41081

Cheers,

Nice. Thanks for posting Darren.
    Steve

Great photos

Jamie Lipman . . .

. . . another threade . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ghlight=lipman

We Can Be Heroes

Happy Birthday you old dog!....

A recent MOT test marked the first anniversary since the Mongrel was built......7,744 miles, not bad considering the car spends most of its life cooped up (dirty!) in a de-humidified garage vying for attention with my 2.4E and only comes out for fundays and weekends, our lousy UK weather often gets in the way too....

....even so we've had plenty of fun!

September we travelled out to Francorchamps for the Spa 6-Hours with a good crowd of DDK guys, a fantastic event with some great cars and fantastic racing. Pearing through the pit wall fencing as GT40's thundered by at full chat was something else, some great photos here for those interested - http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...gring&start=30 ....

....being so close we took the opportunity to head over to Nürburg where I achieved a long held ambition and drove four laps of the Nürburgring.....

....Karoussel not for the faint hearted!....

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GsweexTQJXg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...and then October I went back to where it all started in this car for another tour of Wales, the run on the way back along the B4391 has to be one of the most spine tingling drives I've had in the car. Awesome fun! .....

....so......one year, 7,744 miles, an Oulton Park track day, 4 laps of the Nürburgring, 3 tours of Wales, Spa and Le Mans, England, Wales, France, Belgium and Germany, thousands of times on the edge, magazine tart, doughnuts on Pendine Sands, countless early morning runs, killed a set of Avons, all shared with dozens of friends.......and about a gazillion smiles!

Roll on 2017!

Cheers,

Hi Darren,

It is fantastic to see such an awesome build being well used and driven hard!

Would you please give some feedback on your tyre set up now you have done some kms?

I see you have gone through a set of Avons...did you have any clearance issues and did you replace with the same combination?

I am about to order new tyres and would like to go with the Avon 215/60/15 on a 7r on a LWB

Thanks in advance

Nathan