Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Werks re-union

Werks re-union

Given the speed of modern electronic communications, I assume that many of the membership already know about this, but to recap, PCNA and PCA plans to sponsor a "Porsche Gathering" in lieu of the annual Legends of the Autobahn free Concours at the same venue on Friday, August 15, 2014 during Monterey Car Week. Below an excerpt from the press release:
    __________________________________________________ __________________

The Porsche Club of America is set to begin a new tradition in 2014 with the inaugural Werks Reunion. The new, premier Porsche event will take place on Friday, August 15, during the world-famous “Car Week” on California’s Monterey Peninsula.
    In years past, PCA co-hosted Legends of the Autobahn at the Rancho Cañada Golf Club. For 2014, the club will host a dedicated event to celebrate Porsche automobiles on the very same fairways. Expect a breathtaking array of Porsches, from rare classics to customs, race cars, current models, and everything in between. PCA will host the event with participation from Porsche Cars North America. National PCA Sponsors will also be present with exhibits and displays.
    Werks Reunion is open to all and tagged as “A Porsche Gathering” for a reason: PCA is inviting other Porsche clubs to join in the fun! Werks Reunion is intended to be a new way for all Porsche owners to mingle during Monterey’s annual auto extravaganza. As a result, the Porsche Owners Club, Porsche Racing Club, 356 Registry, 356 Club, Early 911S Registry,( my emphasis ) R Gruppe, 914 World, and all Porsche clubs and registries are welcome. Membership in PCA is not required.
    Porsche owners looking to compete will have the choice of entering their cars in either the people's choice or concours categories. Special, one-of-a-kind trophies are being made just for this event. Other Porsche owners will have the opportunity to include their car in the display only Porsche corral. All will be treated to a stunning display of more than 500 Porsches, access vendors, and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow car enthusiasts. The 2014 show will feature the latest Porsches, special vehicle presentations, celebrity guests, and a surprise or two.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

Really look forward to seeing many of you there.

Note: This is not a substitute for Rennsport V, which to the best of my knowledge is being held at Laguna Seca in Fall of 2015.

JZG
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 12-29-2013 at 03:22 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

thanks for sharing, great!!!

so that means "bring your best early 911s"
    911 S 1967 and ...

Werks Reunion

One more thing . . .

. . . Contact: Tom Provasi, Event Chair, werksreunion@pca.org . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    Just got the email myself, this evening.

Looks like a couple of trips out west this year......
    first, the Porsche Club's very own Parade the preceding month.

Now , secondly , the event we will not want to miss.

West Coast is going to be a popular place to be this year. All good~
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

Thumbs up

The Registry has been in contact with these folks and we will participate.......

Please still tuned for more info.........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    As per the previous messages from European community (Sreg) members, anything for us ?

Cheers
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

….a few photos taken at this year's "Legends of the Autobahn", where the Werks Re-Union will be held in 2014 - to give you a feel for the lay of the land and a general idea of what to expect when you get there.

So far as I know there is no clubhouse or any other covered facilities at the Rancho Canada Golf Club, with Port-a-Potties to serve attendees.

If you're looking for Rancho Canada ( sorry, I don't have my computer set up to show a Spanish language Umlaut over the "n") on a map, it's located about 1-1/2 kilometers East of the intersection of California Hwy #1 and Carmel Valley Road, on the South side of Carmel Valley Rd,…………Baja Cantina is about a mile or so further East on Carmel Valley Road.

This is gonna be one Hell of a fun day !!

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Werks Reunion 2014 - What car are you showing?

2014 is the first time for the "Werks Reunion".

My question, what car are you bringing? I am sure many members of the early911registry will be there...

For me not so easy from Europe, but I think it is a "must".

I'am thinking about a '67S, one owner, first paint 911.

Name:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 2234
Size:  101.1 KB

Original thread:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Werks-re-union

The Porsche Club of America is set to begin a new tradition in 2014 with the inaugural Werks Reunion. The new, premier Porsche event will take place on Friday, August 15, during the world-famous “Car Week” on California’s Monterey Peninsula.
    In years past, PCA co-hosted Legends of the Autobahn at the Rancho Cañada Golf Club. For 2014, the club will host a dedicated event to celebrate Porsche automobiles on the very same fairways. Expect a breathtaking array of Porsches, from rare classics to customs, race cars, current models, and everything in between. PCA will host the event with participation from Porsche Cars North America. National PCA Sponsors will also be present with exhibits and displays.
    Werks Reunion is open to all and tagged as “A Porsche Gathering” for a reason: PCA is inviting other Porsche clubs to join in the fun! Werks Reunion is intended to be a new way for all Porsche owners to mingle during Monterey’s annual auto extravaganza. As a result, the Porsche Owners Club, Porsche Racing Club, 356 Registry, 356 Club, Early 911S Registry,( my emphasis ) R Gruppe, 914 World, and all Porsche clubs and registries are welcome. Membership in PCA is not required.
    Porsche owners looking to compete will have the choice of entering their cars in either the people's choice or concours categories. Special, one-of-a-kind trophies are being made just for this event. Other Porsche owners will have the opportunity to include their car in the display only Porsche corral. All will be treated to a stunning display of more than 500 Porsches, access vendors, and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow car enthusiasts. The 2014 show will feature the latest Porsches, special vehicle presentations, celebrity guests, and a surprise or two.
    Last edited by 67er911S; 12-28-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    911 S 1967 and ...

nobody is coming, no cars, no people?
    911 S 1967 and ...

should be fun, I will bring my 1969 911E

Last edited by Curt Hammill; 07-09-2014 at 03:12 PM.