Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Introducing my Tangerine 73 project

Upgrading oil coolers to dual cooler setup

Will post picture of through trunk hardlines later this weekend. Car on dyno today for final tuning.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Noah, did u upgrade to dual coolers bc of temps u were seeing? Looks super nice.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

Thanks. Yes needed to go to dual cooler to control temps. Before motor rebuild when it was a 3.0 single plug motor with 40 webbers a single front oil cooler kept temps in good range. After rebuild to 3.2 high compression dual plug the motor was making much more heat. On an 80degree day I would quickly hit 100C and push past that if I kept on it. I never let it get past 105C as I pulled back to keep temps in safe range. So I now went from single Mocal cooler to dual Carrera widemouth coolers and new finned external oil line. Just getting car back from that install so can't give comparison to temps yet. Also in last week temps in Florida dropped. Will need an 80+ degree day to make fair comparison.

Will post picts of through the trunk yellow zinc hardlines. Really clean install.

Quote Originally Posted by merbesfield View Post
    Noah, did u upgrade to dual coolers bc of temps u were seeing? Looks super nice.

Today would be a nice cool day. Beautiful temps!

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

It was a mighty fine day in Florida for an afternoon drive

Pictures of new through trunk hardlines to second oil cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Today would be a nice cool day. Beautiful temps!

Scott

oil cooler hardlines

install picts

Sometimes it all just comes together.

Photo's for Excellence done. Picked up Kris Clewell who is both photographed the car and is writing the piece for Excellence . As I was showing him some areas I had scouted out for our shoot we hit a heavy rain cell that moved through quickly. We were a bit north of me in a more rural area heading to the next spot when Kris spotted something we had passed. After turning around and scouting out the site fortune was on our side. He had spotted a gritty long abandoned orange distribution center with a cement parking lot filled with large puddles of water and the 4pm light was muted by heavy clouds. We quickly positioned the car and Kris started snapping away. Here are some picts of the general scene. I would have blown by the place without a second thought but he expertly picked it out. These are my iphone picts of him working and show the location. His picts are stunning and he captured many angles of the car perfectly reflected up in the standing water with the building behind. The pictures came out better than I could have hoped for and he knocked them all out in 20 minutes. We had planned to shoot that evening and early the next morning but we were done with the static shots and Kris was confident we weren't going to top what he had already captured. All that was left was the rolling shots and Kris selected one area we had gone through. We returned that evening with my wife as stunt driver and my daughter took this pict of Kris with her iPad of him shooting out of the open hatch. The motion shots were done in 15 minutes and Kris was again satisfied. That left the next day to sleep in, take the dogs to the beach for a walk, have a mellow lunch and get him back to the airport with time to spare. My thanks for Kris' expert eye and skill. I cannot share any of his pictures but keep an eye out for them in an upcoming Excellence. Stunning doesn't even begin to describe them.

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    what a day! Thanks again for all the hospitality! Normally I dont work quite that fast, but I saw the sun rushing in on us.... I think our luck on the location is some good Karma for all the bad luck I've had with weather lately.

btw, I can see you smiling in the last pic
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Looking forward to seeing the shots gents!

No chance of a teaser Kris?
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishcop View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the shots gents!

No chance of a teaser Kris?

I tried to think of a really witty way of saying no chance via metaphor but everything seemed to have a higher probability than my posting any teasers.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1