Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hella 128 fog lights

hella 128 fog lights

Hello

I am looking for a good reflektor for my hella 128 foglight??
    Mine is too rusted to use but they are hard to get so any help is welcome
    grtz egbert from holland/amsterdam
    Attached Images Attached Images  

128 fog light reflectors

Hi Egbert,

I may have a rechromed pair, but I have to check.
    But as your car is model year 1968 and was delivered in Germany the Hella fog lights should be H1. The reflectors and the glasses are different in H1!
    Please let me know, whether you are looking for H1 or the normal type of Hella 128?
    For your information:
    The picture below show H1 Hella with yellow reflectors, but the glasses are mounted wrong with the buttom up (these are not mine)!

Marry Christmas

Claudius

Egbert,
    You may try at "RSL" in Germany, they have repro's. Don't know if they would sell the reflector separately, but you can give it a try. Look at the bottom of this page: http://www.rsl-classic.de/pages_en/c...cessories.html
    Groeten uit Aalsmeer,
    Arjen
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

The picture below show H1 Hella with yellow reflectors, but the glasses are mounted wrong with the buttom up (these are not mine)!
    Claudius, the glasses are mounted correct for these lights and hence are these not correct for a SWB Porsche. If you take a close look you see also the drain triangle, another tell that the glasses are installed correct. These lights are supposed to 'stand' whereas for a Porsche they 'hang'.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 304678 View Post
    Claudius, the glasses are mounted correct for these lights and hence are these not correct for a SWB Porsche. If you take a close look you see also the drain triangle, another tell that the glasses are installed correct. These lights are supposed to 'stand' whereas for a Porsche they 'hang'.

Richard
    In this situation, you just unscrew the "frame" and flip it 180 degrees, problem solved! It now "hangs"... with drain triangle on the bottom.

Merry Christmas!

Eric

Eric, Claudius,

I just learned that there are apparently (at least) 2 kind of 128 housings.

Mine have the drain triangle in the housing itself, on the picture it seems to be in the frame and in that case it's indeed possible to flip the frame.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I think Hella changed the housings several times. Some have a triangle for drainige on the lens cover, other have a small slot. I will take some pictures next days.
    Eric, do you have any idea?

Claudius

Claudius while at it can you also pay attention to the small rivet in the housing. Somewhere along the production a groud wire was riveted to the housing. From when would this be correct??

Richard

Hi Claudius

Pm sent
    grtz egbert

different drainage in 128 housings

Hi,

here is what I found:

There were 3 different housings:
    1. without drain ->which is the earliest type in my opinion
    2. slot drain
    3. triangle drian

The drain holes are on the lens frame only.
    Hopefully somebody has more detailled information?

Richard, I couldn't find any difference in the ground wire? Could you please post a picture what you found? Thank you.

Egbert, I haven't checked my loose spare parts, which are located on a different place. I will let you know at the beginning of the next year.

Best
    Claudius