Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some information about my 2.0 S Targa

Looking for some information about my 2.0 S Targa

Hello!

Five years ago I bought my 911 S, which was delivered at the 06. March. 1969 at "Porsche Car South West/USA"
    It has the FIN 119 31 0316 and is only 8 day older than I am.
    I restored the 911 and we had a few very nice tours (France, Monte Carlo, Großglockener, ...).
    Because I live in Germany, it is not so easy for me, to investigate the past of my 911.
    I would be very happy, if someone could find out some informations about the 2.0 S Targa.

Here are some pictures, the colour is the same as it was 1969 (bluemetallic):

Thank you very much and with the best greetings from Cologne,
    Gregor

Hello Gregor,
    Nice looking car and welcome to the Registry!
    I am no expert on searching for US history, but I´m in the process of trying to find something myself.

When did your car arrive Europe, when you bought it?? Depending on this it is maybe still possible to get some history from DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). I believe California deletes all info after 5 years. Not sure if this is true, but I have heard some other states store info longer.

Do you have any paperwork that came with the car that might help in back tracking the history? Who was last owner in the USA? Bought from private person or dealer? Do you have pictures of what it looked like before you restored it? The original plates? Special details on the car that people might remember etc etc etc.

Post as much info as possible and maybe start a project thread. Lots of people are looking here and you might be lucky one day.

Because you have a ´69, it is also possible to get a Kardex for your car. That would make it possible to start looking for the first owner of the vehicle and go from there.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Norwegen,

Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    . . . One tiny bit of info...

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/plati...sche-911s_1185 . . .
    Now THAT'S interesting info, Mr Kane . . .

. . . Electric Blue/black cloth, black v.roof panels; converted from FI to 40IDA36 Webers (FI included); late stereo, fcty A/C (doesn't work); good repaint, original interior, clean original under . . .

--- an actual auction result!

Hey, Gregor . . .

Looks like SCM has a record of a previous sale . . . but you'll need to 'join' to get anything useful. Might also try contacting Barrett-Jackson directly . . .
    http://www.barrett-jackson.com/

. . . and asking for their help . . .

HtH

. . . and welcome aboard!

We Can Be Heroes

Looks and sounds familiar, Gregor. I have a metallic blue 1969 S Targa as well. My vin ends in 0373 and it was competed one day before my birthday in 1969.

I would guess that Porsche Cars Southwest would be in Arizona. You don't have a paper trail you can follow? How'd you get the car?

- Brian

1966 Mercedes 250SE Cab

Welcome to the club. My favorite car.

Name:  DSCN0027.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  130.5 KB
    Last edited by Frankr; 02-18-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Just noted mine is #318--probably made same day.
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

The auction information is a great point to start with. And as Radmund suggested, get the Kardex for your car. There are several members here who are happy to help (costs about 180USD ). Maybe the auction company has it too and some more pics. I am in the same process for my 1968 Coupe 11835117. Delivered 1968 to Racing Driver John Steen in L.A. Then the trace ist lost until 2003 when it was reimported to Germany.

Good luck!
    LOOKING FOR SERVICE BOOK No 2361
    1968 Karmann Coupe 2.0 tangerine
    1993 Ducati 750 SS

1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

original poster hasn't posted in 3 years...

~J~
    air cooled only