Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1969 'Rally-Rod'

Quote Originally Posted by H-viken View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't being totally clear. What I meant was if your rear shocks were rubbing on the tube where they go through the rear crossmember? But my guess is "not" since the arms were not machined

Johan
    Johan, we replaced the shock tower (crossmember) with one from a later car so the angle is correct for the aluminum arms. It works well...
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Quote Originally Posted by larwik View Post
    O'boy, there is a lot of talent on this board...once again, there's nothing "sexxier" than an early 911 with flairs(especially ST-ones) and fat tires...

Just for my own education:When you guys install dual front oil-coolers...are they plumbed in parallell(same hot engine oil to both coolers but more plumbing) or in series(one after the other)?...I'm not smart enough to tell from your pics...Thanks' for showing us.../ Lars...
    Lars....the hot oil goes in one cooler...out and over to the other cooler...then out the second cooler and back to tank...
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Scott's Oil Coolers...

OK, Thanks'...I understand, so in series then...I can imagine with Scott's engine CR(and right foot) and living in Chicago-area that it's nice to have and needed in those hot and humid summers, No?...I have MFI, CIS and Motronic cars and even with my slow driving they all open up to the front coolers...especially the 2.7L CIS...but then again I might be overly concerned with oil-temps.../Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

but then again I might be overly concerned with oil-temps.../Lars...
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

"Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery"...lol...I had a feeling I was gonn'a get a comment from you or dad...all you "fearless" 210F+ drivers......
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Absolutely stunning build!!!
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

"Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery"...lol...I had a feeling I was gonn'a get a comment from you or dad...all you "fearless" 210F+ drivers......
    Fool proof quick fix: Duct tape over the offending gauge face.

Quote Originally Posted by smclaughlin View Post
    I think I'm mostly done posting photos and descriptions in the first several pages of this thread. I hope you enjoy reading about the car, and will introduce yourself if you see us at a Midwest event. Maybe we'll make it out to one of the coasts for an event...someday.

-Scott
    Where are you in Chicago?? Would love to keep my eye out for this car when the weather starts looking better.

Quote Originally Posted by PJenkins View Post
    Where are you in Chicago?? Would love to keep my eye out for this car when the weather starts looking better.
    Ravenswood. I'll probably make it out to a couple of these this spring: Fuelfed Coffee and Classics. I like their multi-marque gatherings and events.

Quote Originally Posted by smclaughlin View Post
    Ravenswood. I'll probably make it out to a couple of these this spring: Fuelfed Coffee and Classics. I like their multi-marque gatherings and events.
    Ah good, my brother is a copper in 20th district there. Keep a lookout for this: it's his daily driver, can't miss it.

http://www.cpdgoldstarfamilies.org/e...wrangler-event

Say hello if you see him, not a bad guy to know in your neighborhood.