Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SWB Headliners

Here are some pics of my headliner. It is actually pretty difficult to document properly. Note picture 2 and 3 of the exact same area. I took lost of pictures and on some of them the shadows show more structure. I have been pretty critical to my own headliner, but now I think it´s actually very good. My car was restored many years ago before Internet was so big and all receipts and extra parts that came with the car shows everything came from Porsche. Maybe not the headliner, but will try to find out.

Name:  67S headliner_1.JPG
Views: 452
Size:  138.1 KB

Name:  67S headliner_2.JPG
Views: 466
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  67S headliner_3.JPG
Views: 464
Size:  136.3 KB

Looking at the original sample from 66S and the pictures Friggens sent me from his 67S (thanks Mike ), I think the original material looks to have a more "plastic" feel that the other samples.

Name:  Mike 67S_1.JPG
Views: 470
Size:  205.7 KB

Name:  Mike 67S_2.JPG
Views: 466
Size:  232.2 KB

Good cleaning advice by Mark! Larry at Ammo NYC suggested to check out this video (mid way through)

http://www.ammonyc.com/detailing/rid...smoke-removal/
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Has anyone been able to move the "swb headliner" ball further down the field?
    I have exhausted my efforts to obtain a match to the original, I have one from Tony @ Autobahn in hand, but…..
    I know the color is incorrect, and I just haven't been able to convince myself to install it.
    Any leads???
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Ive had too many 65-67 cars to remember which my sample is from. A stained but intact headliner can be painted back to light grey. A friend used Krylon on his and it turned out well.

first pic is a late 67S

the 2nd pic are a 67 912(left side more elephant skin like) and a 65 911(right side).

should also have a pic of 66S...will have to dig for it in my arcive..will post asap
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks for the photos.
    I think we've got a lot of data on what was correct and original, my question is: where can I get it?
    Every vendor I've dealt with has provided ( for my ''67) a "tan" ('69-on) colored material followed by "That's all there is"
    Anyone able to obtain the correct stuff?
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

i was thinking about starting a reproduction run for a correct `67 material+hole pattern last year....i got in contact with a producer last summer...tooling costs 30.000€ + material(minimum order quantity 3000m²)....

break even at a price of 300€/350€ sunroof is about 200 headliners sold

if i get ~100-150 orders within the next 3 month i will do it.

if you are a serious buyer email your data(quantity/location/non sunroof or sunroof) to: moitolino@gmx.net

spread the news

Very interesting Franz!
    Any chance of seeing some pics of your material?? Will spread the word
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

hi radmund ...there is nothing to see--cause there is no material yet ..will have to start from scratch...

f.

Just to update this SWB Headliner thread, there is really no update. To date no one is producing the "ultimate" "exact" match, that I am aware of, for our early SWB cars. My statement on post #24 still holds true, GAHH still appears to be the closest match. Anyone with more info please chime in. Thanks.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

Any suggestions on the best way to clean an original 'ivory' headliner? I want to keep the original one, but it needs to be cleaned and I don't want to destroy it by using unsympathetic products!

Thanks
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616