Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Scammer

Scammers and unscrupulous sellers are the reason I try to always reply on the original for sale post that I received the part offered and it was as advertised. This lets others know that the seller can be trusted. I suggest that we all do the same.
    P.S. I guess the flip side is that it lets sellers know that you are a serious buyer, so it works both ways.
    1969 911S
    1969 Datsun 2000...worth less, but more valuable

Here is another scam number to be aware of +1 (707) 341-4842. Responded to my wanted ad for running engines and has just sent me photos of random engines off the internet saying they are his. Be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by 1967Porsche View Post
    Here is another scam number to be aware of +1 (707) 341-4842. Responded to my wanted ad for running engines and has just sent me photos of random engines off the internet saying they are his. Be aware.
    That area code is from The North Bay in the SF Bay Area. The same area code as an infamous scammer that has been cheating people for 5 decades that I know of. Did he give you his name?

Regards

Jim

Banned
    I don't remember not sending any center caps? Can you remind me of this transaction? If I made a mistake I can send you a set. I have plenty.

I have great history and have never had any issues.

Thanks!

Robert Liberty
    rliberty@911sportscars.com

Does anybody knows Robert Liberty? He advertises several parts on this forum. He is unreliable. He does not send the parts and is inconsistent with his emails. Promising to take care of the problem but nothing happens.

Another scammer....calls himself Floyd, wants to be your "bro" and "buddy" and asks you communicate via text message.
    His phone number is 662.912.6028. His paypal account is florchai456@gmail.com
    Says he's located in Texas at 76367.
    I should have been warned for two reasons; 1) he wanted me to take a screen shot of the paypal payment and message to him, 2) he called me bro and buddy several times.
    Odd I thought but, oh well. I was excited to buy the straps, no bargain, price was fair.
    So I thought about it a little while (after PayPal payment) and decided to cancel the deal. I asked he refund the money, he said "ok just a sec"
    And that my friends is the last I heard from him!!!
    I broke my own rule......if your gut tells you something's up, walk away.

Scamming attempt by Ricky Toro. Contacted me about a set of Fuchs wheels he had that matched a WTB post I have up, told me to email him directly. He sent me 4 decent photos of the wheels, when I asked for pictures of the date and part #’s he sent me a few blurry pictures of a completely different set of wheels. Between these two emails he sent me two messages asking for my address and how I wanted to pay so he could “ship immediately”. I requested more photos of the date codes on all 4 wheels because they were blurry, his response was “ That's how my Phone camera is Even if I take one hundred photos with my phone that's how it will be shown.”
    Beware if any member receives a message from him, happy to share photos of said wheels (nothing matched a reverse image search) and his too good to be true asking price.

ESR username: Ricky Toro
    Email: tororicky40@gmail.com

In the days of old when the country was expanding west and "religious zealots" came to save the indigenous folk, Indians were sold decks of cards as "Bibles" by the less scrupulous pioneers.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by Vinlesposito View Post
    Scamming attempt by Ricky Toro. Contacted me about a set of Fuchs wheels he had that matched a WTB post I have up, told me to email him directly. He sent me 4 decent photos of the wheels, when I asked for pictures of the date and part #’s he sent me a few blurry pictures of a completely different set of wheels. Between these two emails he sent me two messages asking for my address and how I wanted to pay so he could “ship immediately”. I requested more photos of the date codes on all 4 wheels because they were blurry, his response was “ That's how my Phone camera is Even if I take one hundred photos with my phone that's how it will be shown.”
    Beware if any member receives a message from him, happy to share photos of said wheels (nothing matched a reverse image search) and his too good to be true asking price.

ESR username: Ricky Toro
    Email: tororicky40@gmail.com
    I also received a PM from Ricky Toro saying he has my Gearbox 901/0 101 167 and it is in perfect condition. He joined yesterday so I assumed a scammer.
    Member #704
    911 May 1965 Black/ black
    911S April 1972 Gemini Blue/ Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    That area code is from The North Bay in the SF Bay Area. The same area code as an infamous scammer that has been cheating people for 5 decades that I know of. Did he give you his name?

Regards

Jim

Jim

Are you referring to "Wayne Kriger (SP?")? He has gone by numerous names over the years... He is a historically infamous scammer.... I am told that Wayne changed his name several times over the years.

I purchased 3 Speedsters from him in in the 90s. He said that he would carefully pack the cars for transport over the coming days.... I thought he was going to fall out of his chair when I told him ( after paying him for the cars via a wire transfer ) that my transporter from South Carolina was in the adjacent parking lot and that we were going to load the cars then and there ....

Best C