Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Scammer

Beautiful pictures and the same pictures found on Ebay

Beware!! Reed911s@gmail.com

Thanks for writing. Great! I have an original 911 LWB right rear bumper in excellent shape and condition, ready to mount on. I'm asking $350 and happy to arrange delivery via USPS or Greyhound to your door step and would acknowledge payment via Money Gram since my PayPal is still not up and running. What's your complete shipping address?

Many thanks again and regards,

Tom

B

I was totally scamed by this Bob Long of Fairfield, Connecticut via an eBay listing. Seller ID rhlhubris1
    Here is his discription in the add.

Porsche 911 LWB left rear bumper 1969-73: no rust, minor repairable dents, not even visible, PayPal , cash, bank check. Buyer pays shipping . Please call Bob at 203-291-9299 with questions

Here is the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282644711930...&ul_noapp=true

This is what I received.
    IMG_4114.JPGIMG_4121.JPG

There is a large 2" rust hole. In the support bracket. When I called Bob he told me he did not feel that is was misrepresented and he was not going to refund any money.
    He has several active listings on eBay now. I highly recommend staying away.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rdkc01; 10-16-2017 at 08:00 AM.

did you consummate the deal outside of ebay ?
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

Unfortunately yes. ��

...and that is probably a good motivation and why the Seller was (I'm guessing) cooperative in going outside of the eBay/PayPal Buyer's protection umbrella. Thank you for sharing.

His eBay name isn’t too reassuring:

Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence, accomplishments or capabilities.”
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Buyer's Beware...

Once again, we're at the start of the holiday season, scammer's activity and creative-minds intensify during this time in hopes to catch those with money to spend.

As we all heard many times before; "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". (meaning it probably isn't true).

That said, sometimes we get lucky--- a risk we take on fishing expeditions...

912->911 conversion
    Indeed - 'tis that time of year I suppose. I got an email from a newly registered user today saying "I have those parts you need and others if you make me a list". You'll have to pardon me if I don't trip all over myself to reply to that.
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

If you check his reviews out of 9 reviews 3 are negative reviews. Not a good sign.
    Early 911 S Registry member #3308
    911E 1973 - Brownie- 66k original miles - Second owner
    911E 1971 - gold metallic - sold and missed
    912 1966 - sold

I bought a 72/73 S MFI induction system (less pump) from the seller in question in Fairfield, Ct a few years ago. Transaction was via The Samba. He was a bit optimistic with his description of the throttle body linkage resistance, but I planned on rebuilding the TBs so that didn't matter to me. I asked lots of questions and requested lots of pics. He was most willing to provide the information I requested, and we talked on the phone at length.He sent me everything we talked about, it was packed well, and fairly priced for hard-to-find MFI parts. Bottom Line:I was happy with my transaction. Having said that, I applied due diligence and left very little to chance.
    1996 cab