Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Scammer

Too much CSI, NCIS
    Lets keep it to what the Registry and this thread is about.
    Giving a "heads up" to those that try to pull the wool over our eyes in our special little world.
    Mark

jim33

This is a response to an ad I ran for widened Fuchs wheels. I've already written it off thanks to Chuck and Peter. Note his membership date 12.28.2017 which is 3 days after I ran the ad.

This is a message from jim33 at Early 911S Registry ( http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/forum.php ). The Early 911S Registry owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email jim33, you can use this online form:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...member&u=35370

OR, by email:
    mailto:gibbs0980@gmail.com

This is the message:

Yes. I have these parts and could check for other parts if you make a list to gibbs0980@gmail.com

A working phone number will be great too.

Regards,

Michael Gibbs
    USA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

B3D2FECE-D61A-47C4-B997-1B81B3DDAE7A.jpgHello!
    I have got an offer on my «901/05 engine Wanted « ad. It is engine 67model 901/05 909810 and I can have it for $10000 and it is complete running and correct spec....
    He has bought the grey rusty 68 911 on samba and wants to part it out. He is from NJ and can crate and ship, no prob.....
    Too good to be tru...?
    '67 911S Sunroof, Polo Red(Project disguised as a G-model)
    '67 912 Sunroof, Light Ivory(Alive and kickin')
    '67 912 SWTarga, Signal Red(Project in the making)
    X: 67 911 Coupe + 67S Targa, 912, 924, 944, 928, 356

78CAF115-F2F2-498A-A1D0-2BEF177C4D60.jpgMichael Gibbs is now John Howard, be aware!! This is the mail I got from him.
    '67 911S Sunroof, Polo Red(Project disguised as a G-model)
    '67 912 Sunroof, Light Ivory(Alive and kickin')
    '67 912 SWTarga, Signal Red(Project in the making)
    X: 67 911 Coupe + 67S Targa, 912, 924, 944, 928, 356

EMAIL SENT BY SCAMMER REGARDING A 'WTB' AD I PLACED ON THIS BOARD...

See here also
    http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...scammer-163538 and here http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/...scammer.359641. You get the idea...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a message from vcat at Early 911S Registry ( http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/forum.php ). The Early 911S Registry owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email vcat, you can use this online form:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...member&u=31261

OR, by email:
    mailto:robcvtflyer@gmail.com

This is the message:

Hi,

Emailing about your AD .Please contact Mike on mkjubirt900@gmail.com regarding your request . He is located in Nashville TN 37013 USA and can arrange shipping. I Purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition.

Thanks
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 04-03-2018 at 09:26 AM.

vcat is rubbish

This is a message from vcat at Early 911S Registry ( http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/forum.php ). The Early 911S Registry owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email vcat, you can use this online form:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...member&u=31261

OR, by email:
    mailto:robcvtflyer@gmail.com

This is the message:

Hi,

Emailing about your AD .Please contact Mike on mkjubirt900@gmail.com regarding your request . He is located in Nashville TN 37013 USA and can arrange shipping. I Purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition.

Thanks

The other day I had class with an FBI special agent and I asked the question about internet crimes and I brought up our little community and how occasionally someone gets scammed. He basically told me that it is hard to prosecute these crimes (we already know that) but that the FBI has a website they use which the people that have been scammed can go to and input information on the scammer (bank accounts, emails, user names, phone numbers, etc). So, basically the information gets put into this website and the way it was explained to me is that it uses an algorithim to track how much that person has scammed others and once it hits a certain dollar amount they will actually start looking into it. Anyways, the website is www.ic3.gov I'm not saying this will be a quick fix by any means, but it will give some empowerment to victims that have been scammed knowing that they can potentially get these scammers brought to justice someday.

Seb
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Mr Robbert Liberty, active with various add on this form (for sale section) is an unreliable seller. I bought some center caps from him and paid with PayPal. He never did send the package and is unavailable to comment.

Is it possible to remove him from this normally very reliable forum?

^^^^I have PM'd Rliberty...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Dumb scammer...again. Sometimes I am impressed...this time not so much.

This guy was pretty stupid. Had a couple ads...one for deep sixes and one for an aircleaner. Offered up the aircleaner, but no price or pics. I emailed him asking for pics and a price. He simply stole the pics from other board members' FS ads and emailed them to me...asking $650 (previous member's ad was for $925). I called him out (pretty obvious he was trying to scam), asking for a picture of the item with his phone next to it showing date and time. I and looked back at his ads and I guess he was already banned.
    His response...

bugbusnet bugbusnet
    11:34 AM (13 minutes ago)
    to me

Who banned me ?
    I'm for real and if you too are serious and not a scam, try and first
    me a deposit inside my PayPal account, if you can do this I will be
    glad to take any pics and send to you.

Yeah right. My response...
    "Sure, I'll send you $1000 and you can send me the difference after shipping costs."
    I was tempted to send him a dollar, but he gets an F for ingenuity.

Watch out guys...they are everywhere.
    registry# 1283