Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Porsche weekend and RAIN????

LA Porsche weekend and RAIN????

Hello all,

What will be the ramifications if LA really does get A LOT of rain FRI, SAT and maybe even SUN as is predicted???

I was really looking forward to being in the OC seeing a lot of great cars and meeting a lot of you.

We will rejoice, but we will still be well behind on rain. Lit show is indoors so it will go on like it has when it rained in previous years. Sunday not sure. Not everyone is afraid to let their car get wet. The other drivers on the road are a little more dangerous, though.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Local forcasts are now dropping rain from Sunday. I'm an optimist...you must be to organize these events. The 356 Club will be there in force. We hope the weather doesn't dampen your spirits!
    Various Porsche's

We'll be trekking over rain or shine from AZ tomorrow. The wife and I are driving over after work and my parents are trucking over in their motorhome with my 72S in the trailer. We got a table at the lit show and have some cool Porsche trinkets to sell. I'm hoping to find some cool pieces for the shelf or wall. Also, I'll be on the hunt for a set of date matched 15X6s for my 911 as well as a full suspension bushing kit. We're taking my little guy to Disneyland Friday and I'm hoping that won't be too wet. I won't be afraid to drive my 911 in the rain. I'll be in the silver 72S with AZ plates and no front badge. Hope to meet some of you over there. Come say hello if you see me!

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
    The other drivers on the road are a little more dangerous, though.
    Precisely why I'm not driving my 911 down from NorCal. L.A. drivers have never figured-out how to drive in the rain. I've got grippy tires and new wiper blades on my Porsche, but I'm going with air bags and ABS for this weekend.

I was gonna ask what if it ***** but didn't want to use the R word. Somebody would have accused me of jinxing the swap meet I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Harriman View Post
    I was gonna ask what if it ***** but didn't want to use the R word. Somebody would have accused me of jinxing the swap meet I'm sure.
    Exactly what I was thinking...someone couldn't resist and had to do it

I'm flying in from NJ, my freshly painted '79 SC will be with me at all the events I can jam into the weekend, weather be damned!
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

We are bringing sunshine with us from Seattle to bestow upon the masses.

This is what happens:
    <iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/12872581183/player/" width="600" height="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/12872597523/in/photostream/player/" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/12872930624/in/photostream/player/" width="600" height="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/12871398434/in/photostream/player/" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/12870974113/in/photostream/player/" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425