Thread: European ride height

European ride height

is commonly talked about. My car is a stock ROW 73S with the 85L plastic tank. Suspension height is stock maybe a little lower. The clearance from the bottom of the tank to the road is about a fist width, 4 or 5 inches. Would this be euro ride height? Any lower and the tank would be in danger for street driving. There are already lots of scrapes on the tank where it touched. Anyone know, Ed?
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    is commonly talked about. My car is a stock ROW 73S with the 85L plastic tank. Suspension height is stock maybe a little lower. The clearance from the bottom of the tank to the road is about a fist width, 4 or 5 inches. Would this be euro ride height? Any lower and the tank would be in danger for street driving. There are already lots of scrapes on the tank where it touched. Anyone know, Ed?
    I've got two cars with 85 liter tanks, one is R.O.W. and came with the tank, the other is a U.S. car that was lowered by a previous owner in California. I've had that car for 29 years at that height, but last year installed a 85 liter tank since I use that car for long trips, and yes, the ground clearance bothered me, so I bought a skid plate from Robert Gross. In addition I did raise the car slightly to get more suspension travel to handle those unsuspected bumps. Since the plastic tank has more bulge to the bottom it will be closer to the ground than a standard tank. I think a skid plate is always good for peace of mind.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks, guys. How do I find Robert Gross? TIA
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Steve, I don't have his contact info handy right now, but he is a sometime poster on this site. In addition Ravi who posts here as 'northern thrux' is having Robert do his car as we speak. Maybe send Ravi a PM for contact.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.