Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS poster question.

RS poster question.

I just got this carrera RS poster 30X40" on foam backing in a group of posters. I'd like to know if it is a dealer showroom poster or just another BIg Daddy knockoff and what it might be worth. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's worth what you paid for it. If you bought it at the Lit Show and they did not say it was a dealer poster then it was not a dealer poster.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I did not buy it at the lit show, it was described as a dealers showroom poster as were the others I got with it, slightly skeptical of your cost equals value theory.

a poster looking just like that was a showroom poster in 1973. However from the photos it is impossible to tell whether this is a reproduction of one of those posters or an original
    does it have the printing on the bottom of it saying full name of porsche company printed in germany the date etc it should be right on the bottom slightly to the right of the middle on this one
    even if it does have the printing it does not mean that it is not a copy but why do a copy with a lot of tears and pieces out of it. if it has real age it is more likely to be real in my opinion as it was not long ago (maybe 15 years or so) when these were still being given away - even in mint condition.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Hugh is right. I have had two copies of this poster. Paid 65.00 for a mint copy and 40.00 for a fair one in the early 80's. On the surface yours looks original to me. Mounting really hurts the value though. I would value it at 250-300.00.

Mark

my posters all have porsche printed in germany and dates. What i really want to know is if porsche typically made these on foam backed paper for showrooms. Thiis was not mounted to the backing afterward, they were printed on the foam backed paper. that is why the edges are damaged, the paper layer is very thin compared to normal porsche posters. If porsche didnt supply these why would someone repro ithem on a non-standard material, including an Edmonton Can-Am race poster? BTW, Aase sales has this poster listed for $2500, i doubt if the dealers were handing these out 15 years ago, "Kills Bugs Fast" yes, early 70s posters no. They will look good with my early 70s 4X8' plexiglass Porsche Audi dealer sign.
    Last edited by 66S; 03-01-2014 at 07:45 PM.

I have never seen them on a foam type backing as "Original". Maybe they did have them but not that I am aware of. Also the paper mine are printed on is reasonably heavy. On "giving them away" I did get half a dozen including 3 1973 ones and some 924GT le mans ones literally given to me at the time of the 50th anniversary. They were getting rid of old stock - give them away or put them in the trash. I was offered a lot more - maybe 50 but stupidly I did not take up the offer. While that was an ok result I missed out on a literal truck load of stuff that was thrown away a couple of years earlier. Much of that ended up in the rubbish collection
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

my dealer was selling posters for $5 25 years ago, 962, WSC, 924DP, yawn, i like your dealer better.

Rick,

At 30x40 it's real. They were never foam backed from Porsche. Unfortunately, the foam backing is a death sentence. Perfect it's 1.5-2k. Foam mounted I'd say 200-250.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Rick there were two such (or similar if copies) posters today in LA.

One was offered by Jerry Hausler, the other by the guy sitting next to the guy in post #56 (you can see part of it)

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...825#post714825

I don't know the prices, it was taking too long to talk to the sellers.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742