Thread: 2.0L Intake manifold Gasket

2.0L Intake manifold Gasket

Is there a difference in gaskets between Weber carb intake manifolds to cylinder heads for say an "S","E" or "T". Different internal diameter maybe?
    Here's my confusion, this is a 68S engine, my port size measures to 35mm (both manifold and head). The gaskets I removed are 32 or 33mm. Pelican shows 4 gaskets and lists the size on only one of them to 37mm. Not sure which one to order.
    Last edited by Norm01; 03-12-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    1968 911T R.O.W. / 68S engine.

Too big probably isn't a problem. But too small most certainly is - remedied by using a scissors and trimming to fit. Simple surgery.

(Oops, my bad, thought you were talking about carb to manifold)

Call Pelican and see if you can get a gasket with 35mm hole. If not, I would get the smaller one, hold it on the bottom of the manifold and cut to fit with a sharp Exacto, running the blade around the interior edge of the hole with the knife as you cut. Sounds like you got a "T or E" gasket. Bet the engine runs better when you're done.

Also something to check, I find that sometimes the gasket for the top cover of the carb will shrink and make it's way into the air flow just above the venturi. Trim with Exacto as above.
    Bob Brawders
    Last edited by SIMI BOB; 03-13-2014 at 10:53 PM.

I have not bought the gaskets yet so I would just like to purchase the proper size.
    1968 911T R.O.W. / 68S engine.

I'm just reviving this thread because I came across this problem this morning.

There are two sizes of gaskets.
    1. 33mm internal diameter for all non-S pre-73s (901.108.391.04)
    2. 38mm for pre-73 911S (901.108.391.05)

Unbeknownst to me, I found out my engine has S heads as the 33mm gaskets were way too small, so I had to re-order the 38mm gaskets. You don't want to use the wrong size.
    1966 911 coupe, Granite Green