Thread: Wanting original owner/car info 1971 911 s philadelphia area 1971-72

Wanting original owner/car info 1971 911 s philadelphia area 1971-72

Hi Guys !!
    I was wanting to see if any "old timer" might recall an original owner or other information concerning my 1971 911 S. This car was sold new at Holberts Porsche Audi Warrington, PA 5-4-1971 and later traded in at Alger Porsche Audi in Rosemont, PA 5-6-1972. I have all but the original owners name and do not know the first year history of the car. It is Silver Metallic/Black Interior and had the following options: Standard Seats (instead of Sport), Automatic Safety Belts, Air Conditioning, Tinted Glass, Michelin Tires, Frankfurt Radio. It might have had 5 point restraints, TTG fog lights, and Roll bar placed at Al Holberts race shop during that year. Just wondering if any guys from this area might remember this car. There were fewer 1971 911 S's produced so this car might stand out !!! Any memories. recollections, or information would be greatly appreciated !!! George Kehler

Try the PCA for the South Jersey/Philadelphia area. I belonged in '78/'79. Nice group. I believe they had a newsletter which has probably gone electronic by now. Would probably put something in their news letter for you. Also ping Mike Curnow who is member here. He knows everybody/everything in the area.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question about your car. It has been documented that the '71S was delivered standard with Sport Seats so is there any specific mention of the optional "standard" seats on your COA? Just curious. Thanks.

Thanks for all the help !!! Sorry for omitting that the car is a COUPE (nonsunroof). The COA says "standard seats instead of sport seats" and next "US equipment". Yes, it seems odd that it did not have sport seats per COA as it has various options including factory air conditioning. When I got the car, though, someone must have ditched the standard seats and placed sport seats in it !!!! Jim at EASY seems to think that this car has very early automatic retracting seat belts. When did these early 911s start having automatic seat belts ??? I have one set of period pictures of the car in 1975 with sport exhaust and "updated" flag mirror !!! Will post tomorrow !!! Thanks so much !!! You guys are what make this forum so valuable !!! George Kehler in Tennessee

George,
    Thanks for the confirmation that "Standard" seats shows up as an option on the COA for the '71S.
    I thought that might be the case.

Hi Guys !! Here is a photo of the car in 1975: Name:  Abee 911 photo 1.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  106.2 KB Any leads in the Philadelphia area 1971-72 are greatly appreciated !! George Kehler

Hey Guys !!
    Just a bump to see if anyone might have any info on this car in the Philly area 1971-72 ?? Neat vintage pic of her in 1975 with sport exhaust !!! Thanks for any help or leads to "old timers" active in the PCA during this time period. George Kehler in Tennessee

Hi Guys !! Just a bump to see if anyone knows the early history of my car ?? Any early PCA members this car when "brand new" ?? Have a safe Memorial Day !! George Kehler in Tennessee

Another thread . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...till-out-there!!!

We Can Be Heroes