Thread: Sportwagen-eckert anybody use them?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sportwagen-eckert anybody use them?

A 50 y/o german co. (in Germany) repopping 69-73 Coupe/Targa shells + most sheetmetal. I contacted and they do ship to the US. Who on this forum has dealt with them that would be willing to enlighten me in their dealings with them?? I couldn't get the german to english translation to work on my computer
    You can check them out @ www.sportwagen-eckert.de
    Thanks!

I did several times. Good company.
    I either call them or send an email, payment by Creditcard.
    Registry member No.773

Bought some stuff there as well, they shipped it to the Netherlands. fast delivery, good products.
    1988 3.2 Carrera
    @joost_hermes

S Registry # 2292

Same here. Restoring a 2.2E and used them a few times. Responsive if you have questions, good products, fast delivery. Payment by Credit Card or wire transfer.
    '70 E Coupe Pastel Blue
    '73 S Targa Gold Metallic
    Registry #2890

I agree, but it has changed during the past years. I've restored some old air-cooled Porsches and I always appreciated the service very much. It always has been a good alternative to the huge and much more expensive Freisinger in Germany and the Porsche dealer itself. But I guess Eckert has grown a lot during the Porsche hype of the last few years and their behavior changed immensely. Often unfriendly and sometimes abusive to the client. Even the owner himself Mr. Eckert sr. became a really strange person. Quality of products still okay, but not the best on the market. And the knowledge of staff has become worse during the last years. Some people say it has become more expensive as well. I would recommend to change alternatives before purchase.

not sure if they still have this ready to paint service. the deal is you bring any 911 shell and get it/one restored back for 14K --electro coated and ready to paint.
    one of those "restored" shells ended in my shop ---but before it went to the paintshop i spent 150h to fix the crap.
    it was a sunroof car and they forgot to weld in the drain tubes in the c-pillar(also no exit holes present)
    the mounting points for the a-arms where 5-10mm off
    the right rear q-panel needed to be replaced.
    same for the passenger door
    parcel shelve welded in to low --i`m sure they never had the rear lid installed to check fitment.
    aftermarket AC holes all over
    many brackets and latches missing.
    the rail welded to the front panel where the rubber that goes between the front bumper and front lid sits in fell off almost by looking at it.
    and so on....

eckert is a parts seller with good and not so good products.
    shipping is fast, service is o.k.
    unless you ask to specific questions ..you might end up buying the wrong part