Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportwagen-eckert anybody use them?

Sportwagen-eckert anybody use them?

A 50 y/o german co. (in Germany) repopping 69-73 Coupe/Targa shells + most sheetmetal. I contacted and they do ship to the US. Who on this forum has dealt with them that would be willing to enlighten me in their dealings with them?? I couldn't get the german to english translation to work on my computer
    You can check them out @ www.sportwagen-eckert.de
    Thanks!

I did several times. Good company.
    I either call them or send an email, payment by Creditcard.
    Registry member No.773

Bought some stuff there as well, they shipped it to the Netherlands. fast delivery, good products.
    1988 3.2 Carrera
    @joost_hermes

S Registry # 2292

Same here. Restoring a 2.2E and used them a few times. Responsive if you have questions, good products, fast delivery. Payment by Credit Card or wire transfer.
    '70 E Coupe Pastel Blue
    '73 S Targa Gold Metallic
    Registry #2890

I agree, but it has changed during the past years. I've restored some old air-cooled Porsches and I always appreciated the service very much. It always has been a good alternative to the huge and much more expensive Freisinger in Germany and the Porsche dealer itself. But I guess Eckert has grown a lot during the Porsche hype of the last few years and their behavior changed immensely. Often unfriendly and sometimes abusive to the client. Even the owner himself Mr. Eckert sr. became a really strange person. Quality of products still okay, but not the best on the market. And the knowledge of staff has become worse during the last years. Some people say it has become more expensive as well. I would recommend to change alternatives before purchase.

not sure if they still have this ready to paint service. the deal is you bring any 911 shell and get it/one restored back for 14K --electro coated and ready to paint.
    one of those "restored" shells ended in my shop ---but before it went to the paintshop i spent 150h to fix the crap.
    it was a sunroof car and they forgot to weld in the drain tubes in the c-pillar(also no exit holes present)
    the mounting points for the a-arms where 5-10mm off
    the right rear q-panel needed to be replaced.
    same for the passenger door
    parcel shelve welded in to low --i`m sure they never had the rear lid installed to check fitment.
    aftermarket AC holes all over
    many brackets and latches missing.
    the rail welded to the front panel where the rubber that goes between the front bumper and front lid sits in fell off almost by looking at it.
    and so on....

eckert is a parts seller with good and not so good products.
    shipping is fast, service is o.k.
    unless you ask to specific questions ..you might end up buying the wrong part

I have to fully agree with Porschefahrer above. I was their customer for 20 years, from 1997 on. Mr. Eckert has always been an unpatient person (at his shop in person) even when he ran a much smaller business than now but his personnel was okay. I have had just a few quality complaints during those long years but always maintained without any problem, either by exchange of the part or by money refund. Last year had a comment to them regarding a golden '65-'66 Porsche script for the engine lid that I bough from them. I've included in my e-mail several pics to show the problems. The response of theirs (personally of Mr. David Reisinger) was unexpectedly quite unpolite, in a "teaching style" telling me that that's the best they have but even if they had a better one, they would not replace mine as I broke the script. I've replied politely that the script is made of 2 parts by P-factory that clip together at the middle, and requested him to check another one at their shop taking out of the box and trying it on on a lid if they have one at hand. Since then no reply, neither to this e-mail of mine, nor to my new enquiries. It seems they got "offended" (?), and it was worth for them to lose a 20 year old customer of theirs for a correspondence about a 120,-Eur value Porsche-script. (Actually, my experince with that script can be found in a thread here.) It seems none of the employees there drives a classic Porsche, otherwise they would not behave so. Before that story had another one with Eckert, about a '65-'68 Dash. They would not tell that "you should not buy a new Dash for your '65-'66 912/911 as theirs has been made of sheet metal covered by vinyl". The new and very costly SWB Dashes might only match the '67-'68 model year SWB cars. I must admit the German P-parts dealers have changed a lot lately in a bad way (certainly thanks to the P-hype mentioned by Porschefahrer above), selling a lot of crappy parts for a fortune, without telling they are useless. My last such experience was with a pair of Euro '65-'68 taillight lenses. The cheap aftermarket Italian made ones do not match the original Bosch housings, but the bloody expensive (140,-Eur + VAT/pc. and God knows where fabricated) fake Bosch ones have a very ugly surface and differ a lot quality-wise from my original (US) Bosch ones. When enquiring about quality, that particular German parts dealer who sold me both pairs said that the Italians were quite okay but his Bosch-scripted lenses are being used for the concourse restos. But did not show them to me in pics in spite of my request. Just became unfriendly. I've finally installed the fake Bosch ones (spending in total 380,-Euros(!) on those crappy lenses) but would never agree with that stupid statement of the dealer.
    Last edited by sambapati; 04-01-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    Gyorgy (George) Gombos
    '64 Sunroof 356C
    '66 912
    '72 2.4S Targa (one-off RUF-conversion)
    '95 993 C2

I bought their dash about 3-4 years ago, and it was very poor quality, but they were good in offering a refund. I lost out on significant shipping costs to return from Canada to Germany. Replaced with a dash from lakewell, which was much better.

i did few orders in the past and it was almost ok.
    But if you have any problems on quality you will see his real face. He just deal with parts and unpack them all the time to put parts in his cheap plastic bags. so happen with oversize bearings on my last order. They where damaged on surface by a cutter, very easy to see; but he claim, it must be my fault because they have a quality-control who signed a shipping paper by two person (my paper is/was empty).
    I should send my bearings back and Eckert will forward it to Porsche; they should decide it is fabrication fault or my own- but 100% not Eckerts fault (anybody can see my chance to get new bearing???)
    Also he was very unfriendly on phone and hang of...

Because my Case-spezi was waiting for the bearings to carry on, i order another set in French. The other one i will keep to show everybody who want to see it.

I will never ever spend again any € on this Company

Sounds to me like the consensus on Sportwagen-eckert is a thumbs down. Too bad as we need quality vendors period.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V