Thread: Anyone have a photo of a 1970 OEM radio installed...

Anyone have a photo of a 1970 OEM radio installed...

Trying to sort out installing my radio into my dash... does anyone have a photo of the 1970 OEM radio that is installed in the dash... much appreciated if you have one to pass my way... thanks!!
    Registry # 2479
    1970 T Tangerine
    1972 T Albert Blue

All I have is from a very early '71 (Sept. '70)

Hope this might help......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

This thread has several examples I believe.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-radio-in-dash
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I found the installation process interesting as I has never done it, and had never seen a detailed article on how to do it. Key parts are the side clips, the front metal plate, and the vinyl plate covering. I attached the vinyl to the front metal plate, and cut out openings for the radio face and knob posts.
    With the right side clips, it snaps into the dash nicely. So I slide it into the dash and it went in great. When I tried to put the front cover plate on it, the radio was sitting too deep in the dash, and I could not get the front plate attached. So I pulled it out and tried to attach the plate to the radio face. The side clips hold it flush with the face of the radio and it was very difficult to get the nuts attached to the knob posts. I ended up trimming the vinyl around the post holes, and that extra space let me attach the front metal plate to the radio with the retaining nuts. With the plate attached to the radio, I slid it into the opening, and it fit great. One of those things that is really easy once you know how it is supposed to go in there!

Here is a picture right after it went in. Did some wiggling it around to get the vinyl trim seated nicely
    Last edited by csbush; 04-02-2014 at 04:56 AM.
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

Very interesting! Any pics would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by csbush View Post
    I found the installation process interesting as I has never done it, and had never seen a detailed article on how to do it. Key parts are the side clips, the front metal plate, and the vinyl plate covering. I attached the vinyl to the front metal plate, and cut out openings for the radio face and knob posts.
    With the right side clips, it snaps into the dash nicely. So I slide it into the dash and it went in great. When I tried to put the front cover plate on it, the radio was sitting too deep in the dash, and I could not get the front plate attached. So I pulled it out and tried to attach the plate to the radio face. The side clips hold it flush with the face of the radio and it was very difficult to get the nuts attached to the knob posts. I ended up trimming the vinyl around the post holes, and that extra space let me attach the front metal plate to the radio with the retaining nuts. With the plate attached to the radio, I slid it into the opening, and it fit great. One of those things that is really easy once you know how it is supposed to go in there!
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

yep- just added it
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

Thanks for all input... these were in a box, no stickers on them. any help on what years these are would be appreciated.. This is going into a 1970t?
    Registry # 2479
    1970 T Tangerine
    1972 T Albert Blue

Try poking around on this site to ID your radios
    http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/blaupun...t_7631640.html
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Those are both euro radios because the FM band ends at 104, the US ones end at 108. The correct one for your car is the bottom one, up until 1971 , from 1972 the fm band 88-104 went from left to right, the earlier radios the low side was on the right.

We Can Be Heroes