Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ all Porsche Swap Meet and Car Show May 3

AZ all Porsche Swap Meet and Car Show May 3

Just wanted to give you some info on an all Porsche swap meet and car show we have planned for next month in Tempe, AZ.

Porsche 356 and early 911 only (same idea as the Phoenix Club event, but probably not the same attendance!).

I was hoping to get the word out and maybe put it on the official event calendar (if there is one?). We are really trying to make this an annual event, so hoping for a good turnout.

When: Saturday May 3 – 6am to noon.

What: All Porsche swap meet and car show. 356 and 911, parts, accessories, cars etc.

Where:

The parking lot of

Deluxe Customs
    426 W Gemini Dr
    Tempe, AZ 85283

(conveniently located just 10 minutes southeast of downtown Phoenix, 5 minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport - about 1.5 miles east of I-10 on Kyrene Rd between Baseline and Guadalupe)

This location is in a cul-de-sac of an industrial area. Overflow parking for non-Porsche / non show cars will be plentiful.

Entry is FREE.

We will supply the spaces and coffee/cookies for the early birds, swappers must bring their own tables/ blanket/ chairs/ shade etc.

Matt Howard from Deluxe Customs will be showing a few cars in/ for restoration (mostly Porsche) in their shop as well.

Just to get an idea of attendance, please send a quick note (jules.Dielen@vw.com) if you plan to swap or show, just so we have a rough idea what to expect for the swap space/coffee and cookie count!

Depending on attendance/ interest, we will do our very best to make this an annual event – so start cleaning out the garage and bring all your greasy car parts, guys!

Thank you,
    Jules

~J~
    air cooled only

4 swap spaces booked already!

~J~
    air cooled only

Great idea, Jules. Sent you an email.

I have to announce a running race that morning but I don't have to be there till 7:30. Looks like I'll be showing up to the swap meet right at 6. I'll post this to facebook and get the word out to some of my other Porsche friends.

Swap meet! Early 911's

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    4 swap spaces booked already!
    Thanks to Josh for the heads up. Be sure to post this meet on Pelican and Rennlist and anywhere else you can think of to get some real support and attendance going. I'll be there. I want a booth space for my 2 cars and pile of Porsche parts... Sounds like fun! Gotta get up early to drive down from Prescott. I'll pass the word up north to the EARLY (dare I say) "TURE" Porsche people. ;D Anything else I need to know?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you Donny! Yes, that will be an early one for you!! I-17 will be empty tho, that will be a fun drive!!

We now have 11 swap spaces booked! I will post on Pelican. I am not a member of Rennlist, so if anyone on here is a member and can post a link (or copy and paste) - please do so

Mtbkracr - as they say the early bird catches the worm! We will start setup at around 5:30am. Again this is a FREE event, free coffee and snacks (sponsored by me) available until we run out - it's starbucks after that!!

~J~
    air cooled only

Jules,

Did I meet you the the Phoenix club this year? I have the silver 72S. I was there with my wife, child and parents. We had the motorhome and trailer hogging all the curb out front. See you next week. I'm on the hunt for some date matched 15X6s for my 72.

Josh

Yes, I think we met out front in the wee hours of the morning.

I may be able to help you with your 6x15s. Let me check my stash.

See you next week. Swap spaces are going quickly. We have the entire cul de sac as well as the neighbor's lots all to ourselves now too, so ample space for parking/ show cars, so bring your long hoods! We already have a bunch of 356s for the show, as well as a 65 911 coupe, a 67 911 coupe, my 68 SWT and a bunch of early 70s cars. Oh and one spectacular oval window bug.... he is part of the organizing team so I have to let him in....

~J~
    air cooled only

Sounds like fun, you Guys

Take pictures to share, please?

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Sorry I won't make it.

Jules, I know you're crashing the piggy bank to buy coffee and donuts but my offer stands to sponsor this. Now or in the future.
    Or I'll be happy to donate a really sweet door prize and all proceeds go to benefit a non-profit?

BTW: Your PM needs a BM.