Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AZ all Porsche Swap Meet and Car Show May 3

Throwing around a drive from the CA high desert. How much participation (booths) will there be? Don't want to take a trip that far for nothing. I understand it's a new event.

current count is 12 swappers and just about 15 cars (all 356 and long hoods). I am hoping the AZ guys with the AZ Weissach Gruppe will all show up, that will add 10 cars easily. Not much feedback from the AZ 356 outlaws yet either.

Matt at Deluxe Customs will host an open house with a bunch of cars (356 and 911) on display in various stages of restoration/ completion.

1st year event is hard to project as you mentioned Bob - just trying to get the word out as much as I can.

Frank I appreciate the offer. I'll keep all posted.

~J~
    air cooled only

Jules:

I will be coming...don't know yet if I will bring anything to sell...maybe some stuff. Lord knows I need to clean out some of the clutter in my shop . Can't bring too many big things if I drive a long hood though...or a short hood for that matter. I have been hoping that someone would get a swap meet going again here...I really miss the Bay Area meets...and those great gatherings at EASY every month. Thank you for putting this together.

Gib
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Gib, I have you down for a spot. As of 4/22 that makes 16 confirmed swappers and about 14 cars, mostly 356 at this point. Are early 911 guys not into car shows???

~J~
    air cooled only

Does an '80 SC qualify as an early car, or is this a longhood only deal? I plan on attending either way.
    Josh Dockery
    '80 RoW 911 Super Carrera non-sunroof coupe

Looks like we will have a 997 and a 991 there as well, so yes, your SC qualifies!! Parts swappers will mainly have 356 and early 911. There may be some 914 and G-model stuff in there as well, you never know what shows up at a swap meet.

Current count is 16 swap spaces and 20 cars!

~J~
    air cooled only

I'm going to do my best to clear out some storage and bring it down to the swap. 356-996TT parts and everything in between :-)

Nick, I will reserve 2 spots for you - that sounds like a lot!

~J~
    air cooled only

16 swappers, 18 cars and counting! This is going to be cool!

~J~
    air cooled only

Jules, since it seems like you are taking reservations for cars, count my RS Clone is as one. I will try to get the CA Targa dirt cleaned off so it is presentable.

My Inspiration

'86 44 Turbo, black/red,7's and 8's fuchs, autothority - sold (rocketship)
    '97 Boxster, first delivered in DC Metro, silver/red -sold (huge mistake to buy this one)
    '99 C2, silver/black, RoW M030, limited lip, short shift - sold (good ride, but...)

'69 912, 3.2 with all the trimmings
    (finally got air cooled)
    Early 911S Registry Member 2044