Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger Bursch

Old Roger was no fool...that C Production 911S had Roger's decals on it's side, but from an article in Road & Track early 1968...the bottom photos clearly show Allen was running stripped factory heater box headers!

Mark, Roger didn't make "headers" for the 911, only the exhaust that bolted to the factory headers.
    Bob B

So what are all these "Bursch" 911 HEADERS I have seen for sale on Automotion, AJR, Performance Products and other retailers etc in the past???

They were three into one headers, not some after piece.

Yes, he did sell a muffler replacement...I had one of those. Sounded good..bad flat spot.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Word spreads fast... anyways, hello all my name is Ken Jeffries I'm Roger Bursch's stepson.. I worked for Roger at Scientific for 14 years before heading off on my own to speak... Any of you folks around the tracks in the 60's may remember the little pit rat accompanying Roger at many an event, that would be me... Heard a ton of great stories over the years and learned a ton about being a mechanic and not a "parts changer" as Roger would say.. He's been sorely missed by the Porsche community for many years now since his retirement... Still not sure of the details of his service and will share his wishes here when events become clearer in the next few days

GSJohnson how you doing?

Hey Kenny...How are you? My email is gsjohnson2003@yahoo.com

Roger Bursch was My Boss, my Mentor and a Great individual. I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to learn from him and continue his Legacy at Scientific Automotive.
    I will NEVER forget everything he has done for me.

R.I.P Roger Bursch. You will be missed !
    Jack Diramarian
    Scientific Automotive

71 911 T
    74 Carrera
    76 Turbo Carrera
    85 911 Carrera
    01 996 Turbo

Scientific Automotive, Roger Bursch

Dale Hirsch's Speedster at Rennsport, Laguna Seca
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jack Diramarian
    Scientific Automotive

71 911 T
    74 Carrera
    76 Turbo Carrera
    85 911 Carrera
    01 996 Turbo

I just saw him at Breakfast a few of months ago. A class guy and a great Mechanic. Scientific Automotive was the place to have your Porsche worked on. The Family took their Porsches there starting in 1969. It was always a treat to go to Scientific Automotive. My favorite Roger story was in the 1980s a friend wanted Roger to Hod Rod his 911SC. Roger's response, "Tom if you are driving the car at it's limits you are driving way to fast on the street." Needless to say Tommy did not get his car Hot Rodded.

He will be missed.

Alan Johnson & Roger Bursch 1968 SCCA Championship 911

This is an original 1968 black and white print ad for Royal 76 brand racing fuel that was made by the Union Oil Company and endorsed by championship race car drivers Alan Johnson and Roger Bursch
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jack Diramarian
    Scientific Automotive

71 911 T
    74 Carrera
    76 Turbo Carrera
    85 911 Carrera
    01 996 Turbo

OK here's the details on Roger's services

Monday, April 21st, 2014 at 3:00PM
    Forest Lawn, Hollywood Hills
    The Church of the Hills.
    6300 Forest Lawn Drive, Los Angeles CA 90068

Jack, the Road & Track that advert was in had a full write up on that car and how it came to be.. I think it was titled "An amateur Champions Porsche and how it got that way" I have the mag, I'll see if I can copy it without tearing it up one of these days... John Anderson another Porsche racer worked for Union Oil at the and I believe he was instrumental in putting that sponsorship package together... There was probably a couple copies floating around the shop after you took the place over...

Here's the car at Laguna Seca 1967 with Alan Johnson behind the wheel

Name:  WM_Laguna_Seca-1967-10-15p-021.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  53.1 KB

Thanks Kenny, Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Jack Diramarian
    Scientific Automotive

71 911 T
    74 Carrera
    76 Turbo Carrera
    85 911 Carrera
    01 996 Turbo