Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 306611s

Mike, it is some kind of provenance. The fact that it was right in plain sight all those years in an Idaho potato patch, says something. It was kept company by a couple of old Mercedes as well. The guy had good taste in cars. Also I remember it had the British plates still with it back then. They only moved it the last couple of years or so.

Karim I just noticed the ducktail in the photo. Yup, it is aftermarket.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Rick, everyone,

It's interesting you should bring this thread up. I have been thinking about this car for months. It was sold almost a year ago from that seller. The asking was $50k and my information was that it was sold to the UK. However, it has not surfaced and there has been not a whisper over here about it's arrival, restoration or even a rumour of the purchaser. I had thought it might be AlanUK who as you know loves his RHD restos. I have tracked several resto projects here since this one and the database now shows 11 Rhd 67S models known in the UK (tentatively including this one) but without any further concrete information it should really be 10. 5 are roadworthy, 5/6 under resto. Who knows, my information might be flawed and it went elsewhere or even been sold on again under the radar to Australia, SA, or HK.

It was rough, had a few missing/incorrect parts but there was also lots of original items you can see in the pictures, items which several of the UK resto project owners are desperately looking for. Despite the neglect outlined in other posts above it was a helluva better starting point than at least 3 projects here.

If anyone has any information on its current whereabouts I would be grateful to receive. One of only three original rhd Bahama yellow 67S's on the planet.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Update,

The owner has got in touch and the car is indeed in the UK ready to start a complete restoration. Good news.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681