Thread: Lower door pillar vinyl

Lower door pillar vinyl

Are the lower vinyl covers glued to the pillars? I'm going to remove and recover them but they appear to be glued to the pillars or they just haven't been removed in 45 years. I've had the rear side vinyl off but it partially tucks underneath the pillar covers.

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  014.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  60.6 KB

Thanks

Bob

Just pull back the door seals and you easily break loose the glue bond holding the vinyl to the 'B' pillar.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Are the door seals underneath the piece or glued up to the vinyl? I'm trying to gauge if I should take this on. I have the new vinyl to do the job with plenty to cut exactly like existing piece. Will 3M spray glue work sufficiently to re-install?

The vinyl was first tucked around the pillar flange, then glued down, the door seal goes on top and may or may not even be glued in, all depends on what the installer did. Although spray glue will work it is much neater to just use a small acid brush and liquid cement.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thank you Ed

The vinyl itself is only glued at the limits. There should be a foam pad underneath it. You don't want to glue the vinyl, except on the margins.
    M.A.Spirito