Thread: oil line bracket placement.

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar

oil line bracket placement.

does anyone feel like measuring for the placement of the brackets for the oil lines on the bottom of the car, and where they go up front? I just want to make sure they are in the right spot when I put them on.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Without wanting to hijack your thread Kris, please can someone do the same for the position of the thermostat bracket. This is the one for the post 73 cars, rather than the earlier style that connects directly to the oil tank.

Norris, if you mean the thermostat placement 74 -on in front of the right rear tire,,,,,there is NO bracket,,,,,,it is simply located by the hard lines.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Edmayo.

Interested in this as well. My 'kit' came with 5 brackets, which I figured I would evenly space. I am using Elephant racing's finned lines for '72 and have modified the filter console to accept the thermostat.

Name:  IMAG0287.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  70.3 KB
    - Josh
    - '72 911t
    - '81 euro SC

I didnt get a response so I basically just measured evenly and mounted the lines that way.
    -Kris Clewell

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    I didnt get a response so I basically just measured evenly and mounted the lines that way.
    Using pop/rivet nuts? Also for the bracket in the wheel well?

/Johan
    SEARCHING FOR ENGINE 6208326 (last seen in car with VIN 9111101452)

-70 911E
    -84 3,2 Sold

I don't have the dimensions measured, but this about what the spacing is. I use a weld nut then a plastic spacer on the bolt so it can't be overtightened and bend the bracket.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I just screwed it into the body. I'm not too worried about welding threads in there, at least not until I strip the entire car down for paint..... someday.
    -Kris Clewell

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    I just screwed it into the body. I'm not too worried about welding threads in there, at least not until I strip the entire car down for paint..... someday.
    I'm going with rivet nuts (if I can determine that the ones I have are stainless) or stainless sheet metal screws. My kit came with 5 clamps, but I'm going to only use 3 per Ed's picture. I have nylon spacers as well.
    - Josh
    - '72 911t
    - '81 euro SC