Hi All,

Pardon me asking about a T on the S forum, however I am wondering if anyone can help with some rather specific build information on these early cars. I own a 1971 (October '70 delivered - Florida I believe) US car Eng 9111120257 / Vin ... 4240. Option codes as per the COA include; 1) adjustable Koni's, 2) rear demist (2 stage), 3) appearance group (S gauges, gold lettering, etc), and 4) steel wheels & chrome caps. My Car (believed to be completely stock) is fitted with the more desirable Weber 40IDA carburettors and 5 speed 901 transmission. It's now sporting 6X15" fuchs.

My question relates to the specific build options for the 1971 911T's, where according to Peter Morgan's 'Original Porsche 911' bible, on page 37 he states; 'The T changed to cheaper Zenith carbs in place of webers.... Some '71 T's used Webers, however, for reasons unknown'... and 'The T retained the four speed box as standard, with a 5-speed as an option'.

Specifically then, does anybody know how many '71 T's were delivered with Webers and why (was this just a situation of the parts bin being filled with Zeniths' and no longer webers, so a build with webers was just pure luck in that year), and if my car is stock and has a 5-speed, why was this 'option' not on the COA?

Strange one perhaps, but I figured I would ask it anyway.

Cheers,

Adam