Thread: Blaupunkt Frankfurt Stereo Speaker Locations?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers Rick. Pleased you actually got those those four speakers that I told you about. I would have bought them myself but international postage and import duties have got silly US to UK but main reason is I've got too much of this old radio stuff already.

Don't know model year 1972 but it seems were probably fitted locally despite several of these radio ( with cassette) stereo units being listed options in model year 1973 according to source/s I've seen for example:
    421 Koln DM950 second week of 1973
    422 Bamberg DM1150 cassete radio recorder (second week of 1973)
    449 Lubeck CR DM750 cassete radio mono
    451 Ludwigshafen DM450
    452 Frankfurt DM690
    453 Frankfurt USA
    454 Coberg Electronic DM790
    468 Becker Mexico stereo radio cassette DM1350

Hi Karim, Suspect you're right, IIRC the model year 1973 price list you once sent me has some wording about speakers and antenna (in German) so maybe (logically) ancillaries like speaker were a bundle from blaupunkt or Becker prevailing range that came included the purchase of the radio option and got fitted locally -- rather than separate itemised parts from Porsche perspective. Particularly since stereo head units in cars were quite new blaupunkt only starting from around 70 and with 911 relatively unchanged interior design had not yet been redesigned to accommodate integrated stereo components.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-26-2016 at 04:48 PM.