Name:  2-page-001.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  154.1 KBName:  1-page-001.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  67.7 KBName:  3-page-001.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  133.2 KB

Hello,
    the Nadella CN1813 bearings are working very well for the Nadella axles. I have rebuild several axles using that type bearings.
    Best
    Claudius
    Name:  Nadella_tech_drawing.JPG.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  75.6 KB
    Name:  Nadella1.JPG.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  157.2 KB
    Name:  Nadella2.JPG.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  151.5 KB
    Name:  Nadella3.JPG.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  157.2 KB

Hello Claudius,

Thank you for the pointer on the bearings.

One of the challenges in rebuilding these shafts seems to be finding a source for the u-joint/spider. One one of my joints the bearing journals are heavily damaged/rusted so polishing them on the lathe will not do. Its a bit hard measuring old rusty parts accurately but I believe the size for the u-joint is 24x80. The closest I have been able to find is a Mercedes Vito part which is 24x74,5. I am not sure if the bearing journals on these is also 18mm like the factory piece which would allow you to use the CN1813 bearings. I have ordered the part and will report back if it can be made to work when received
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Try to find some spare axles, disassamble and reassamble with the best parts you find. That's the way I did it. Good luck!
    Best
    Claudius

Claudius, thank you for the information, what did you use as seals for the bearings? the bearing posting of the bearings show no grease / dirt seals.
    The spare set I would like to start with I can not feel any play (they were removed many yrs ago for a 915 upgrade for a track car) also the set on the late 65912 feel ok rotating on the car but having the vibration now, hoping spiders are still good. Hate to do the bearings without new seals.

Best Regards

The Nadella bearings are factory lubricated. I have used good seals of the spare axles and additional rubber sealing rings used for water installation. I hope it helps!

I have some of the original seals and will see if I can source something similar and report back here. Both on the seals and u-joints, these could be made with relative ease. Issue is just the numbers, it is not worthwhile doing for one car but if we can get a group together that would change.

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    I have some of the original seals and will see if I can source something similar and report back here. Both on the seals and u-joints, these could be made with relative ease. Issue is just the numbers, it is not worthwhile doing for one car but if we can get a group together that would change.
    Can you post a picture of the seals and basic dimensions?

Olivier.

Will dig the seals out this weekend. Waiting for the Mercedes u-joints to show up to see if they can be made to work. In parallel also exploring to possibility to get the original joints ground and then sleeving them. This has been done with Carrera Hirth roller cranks for years with good results